Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PCI Firewire expansion and windows 7

Options
  • 21-09-2012 12:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭

Hi Guys

Ive bought a custom built PC and now I want to add a firewire card into one of the PCI expansion slots but when I plug in the card and boot up the device is detected but it cant seem to find a driver for it even though I thought firewrie was menat to use native windows drivers. In the device manager the IEEE controller is listed under other devices and when i run windows update to find the driver it cant find anything.

Im using windows 7 and my motherboard is a Gigabyte GA-H67M-D2-B3. Ive tried the gigabye site for drivers but there is nothing there either.

ive tried searching for the hardware ID and still nothing

PCI\VEN_1106&DEV_3044&SUBSYS_30441106&REV_C0
    PCI\VEN_1106&DEV_3044&SUBSYS_30441106
    PCI\VEN_1106&DEV_3044&CC_0C0010
    PCI\VEN_1106&DEV_3044&CC_0C00

Ive also had a look in the BIOS for anything related to firewire or IEEE 1394 but I couldnt see anything in there either.

Any ideas on what else I can try?

Advertisement