Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E-Cigs from china

Options
  • 21-09-2012 11:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭

Just wondering what folk think of the ego lookalike devices available from various China based websites, I bought a kit like this for around €10 incl shipping, it seems to work very well & the liquid seems grand, I've been a smoker for over 30yrs & I think these yokes are a godsend.
    I'm well aware of the down sides when ordering items from China, bad quality & the cost of returning faulty items but I figured it only cost me a tenner to find out if these things would help with my smoking habit which they actually do.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

the majority of ecigs come from china, same for the major liquid companies too. there'd be no modern e-cigs without the chinese, they started the whole thing

thats not to say that there aren't chancers out there making any old ****e and selling it on random websites, and some of the established brands are taking advantage sligtly by releasing products.. then releasing a version 2.. then a version 3.. then a version 3.5, etc etc etc rather than getting it right first time and releasing that... but if you look at any e-cig site on the web chances are the majority of its products were made in china

its generally better to order from more local sites, as you say you get a bit better after-sale coverage, plus you're not waiting 2 weeks for a delivery but there are reputable chinese sites out there to buy e-cig stuff from

--edit
    that kit you have looks like an ego-tank.. probably a knock-off of a knock-off version, but as you say.. 10 euro can't go wrong

you can buy spare batteries or replacement atomisers/tanks/liquid from most of the irish sites at www.vapingireland.com

if I had to guess it's an ego-t style you're after... but once you have the battery you have you can get just about anything and stick it on it.. most devices use the connections (510 or Ego) that your battery will have

well im presuming your battery has those connections since it looks the spitting image of an ego battery

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭lensman

Yeah, what isn't made in China now a days, very happy with it & just got a 1300mAh battery from same place which gives me 2 days usage from a full charge, I find mixing about 15% mint/menthol flavor with normal tobacco suits me....anyway I'm saving a fortune & my health is better....happy days :D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Like Digby says, most of what you would buy elsewhere is from China anyway. They are buying the same stuff you are, from the same production lines and just putting their own branding on it.

It's probably a good idea though to check up on any chinese websites before you buy from them. Some of them are very reputable and have decent quality products, others less so.

It's also worth checking out the Irish sites if you haven't. They're generally very competitive on price and usually you get the items the next day. When you take shipping costs and time into account, in general I find the chinese sites are usually only worth it for bulk orders. For smaller average orders the Irish sites have them beat hands down.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭lensman

I have been buying stuff from China for yrs now, mainly electronic & communications equipment & I know most of the "non branded" stuff is resold in the west with a "big brand" name stuck to it.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭newmark

There are some very good chinese suppliers.manuafacturers of e-liquid but if buying e-liquid in from china it is best to check out the supplier first to make sure that the e-liquid of a good quality and high standard. For example Hangsen have internationally recognized certificates published on their website and seem to set a very high standard. http://www.hkhangsen.com/Certificates.aspx

There are suppliers in China and elsewhere who buy in bulk from the bigger factories and they then re-bottle good quality e-liquid into smaller type bottles for sale and re-label it. The trouble here can be that they re-bottle it into very cheap plastic non food grade bottles and as well as the cheap plastic contaminating the e-liquid the process by which they transfer e-liquid to the bottle can contaminate the e-liquid with all types of ****e. Unless I'm buying from a reputable supplier who makes and bottles their own e-liquid I don't like to take a chance.

As for the hardware as ye said already most of it it made in China anyway but there can still be wide differences in quality. I think some of the cheaper e-cigs like the one you have linked could very easily be made with dodgy materials that could cause health problems, especially if the internal parts of the atomiser that get heated up are not made from proper materials, they could possibly give off toxic fumes and you could potentially be inhaling any type of stuff along with your favorite e-liquid.

Proper regulation in these areas is needed and I think in the meantime its better to buy from quality companies rather than take a chance, just my opinion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭jamie72

I was tempted to buy 50 Kanger T2s for 40c a piece from Alibaba yesterday.

I'll use them anyway, so might as well get them now.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

The thing with dealing with China is, there's NO copyright laws over there, so 90% of the stuff on Alibaba is a copy, even if it says Kanger/Vision/Joyetech/Nike/Adidas...it's probably not.

If you just getting started vaping, I couldn't reccomend buying from an Irish vendor enough, all of their kit comes with warranty..imagine if you were off the smokes for 3-4 weeks, and one of your batteries packed in? you'd find it very difficult to manage while waiting up to a month for your new battery from china to arrive on the slow boat.

And all of the Irish vendors liquids are genuine Dekang/Hangsen, a couple of vendors even mix their juice themselfs, from top quality ingredients...

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭sept09baby

jamie72 wrote: »
    I was tempted to buy 50 Kanger T2s for 40c a piece from Alibaba yesterday.

I'll use them anyway, so might as well get them now.

Wow that's some price. What resistance are they? Can you post the link? Even if they're not as good as the normal ones they'd be handy to have. Always seem to be giving them away to people

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭jamie72

sept09baby wrote: »
    Wow that's some price. What resistance are they? Can you post the link? Even if they're not as good as the normal ones they'd be handy to have. Always seem to be giving them away to people

I actually mixed up the first two I seen on the list. Here:
    http://www.alibaba.com/trade/search?SearchText=kanger+t2&IndexArea=Products&fsb=y

eeloe: I'm buying more stuff from E-smoke Ireland next week. Delivery is quick and I need El Toro anyway, I also like supporting small Irish business, especially since e-smoke have been a pleasure to deal with.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 112 ✭✭Allah_

jamie72 wrote: »
    I actually mixed up the first two I seen on the list. Here:
    http://www.alibaba.com/trade/search?SearchText=kanger+t2&IndexArea=Products&fsb=y

So what's the difference there? Is the 40c one a knock-off of the Kanger?

By the way, what's the difference between Kanger T2 and eGo Vision v3?

• Advertisement
Advertisement