Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Am I entitled to JSA?

Options
  • 21-09-2012 10:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭

Hi all,

I recently graduated from college and have been finding it tough to get a job. After having a couple of interviews but nothing else, I went to the social welfare to apply for benefits until something does come up, and to make myself eligible for the Jobbridge scheme. I live at home and know that due to my parents earnings etc I will not be eligible for JSB but I may be eligible for JSA.

I have an inspector coming to the house to interview me as one of my parents is self-employed. I have just received a letter detailing the information I will need to produce to this person when they arrive. At the bottom of the list was 'details of Redundancy'. I have been doing internships and volunteering over the years but my last paid employment was finished in 2009. I left of my own free will as my shifts were causing me to skip college lectures which were graded partly on attendance so I had to leave. Because of this I was not made redundant.

After reading other threads on here, I'm quite confused about whether or not I will actually be entitled to JSA at all. Does anyone have any idea about this issue?

Comments

Advertisement