Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BTEA

Options
  • 20-09-2012 9:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Firsy post I delighted to say I started an Hons degree in Social care this week but my fee are stressing me out. I am a mature student and I applied for sussi grant only to discover I can apply for fees only and stay on BTEA allowance which is great. So what I want to know is

1 can I apply for BTEA if collage just started this week?
    2 what is highest grant awarded from sussi I heard it roughly 3,000 per annum at highest award

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 41,053 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

stevefzs wrote: »
    Firsy post I delighted to say I started an Hons degree in Social care this week but my fee are stressing me out. I am a mature student and I applied for sussi grant only to discover I can apply for fees only and stay on BTEA allowance which is great. So what I want to know is

1 can I apply for BTEA if collage just started this week?
    2 what is highest grant awarded from sussi I heard it roughly 3,000 per annum at highest award

BTEA - not sure - would suggest contacting your local social welfare office ASAP

You can get a grant of 5915 from SUSI but this is only your earnings are less than 2200o and you are receiving social welfare

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 3 stevefzs

Thanks for the reply I am going to enquire local office tomorrow:)

Should still be able to get the BTEA at this stage yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Euripides_

Hey guys, in slightly differnt situation, wondering if anyone can help. Returned to education last year, was in receipt of BTEA. went off for the summer and was told I was fine to apply for summer job and could work weekends once college restarted. My current problem is im now into my third week of college and still no word back from them!! Despite submitting written inquiries, and leaving multiple voice messages. Like nothing. Not even acknowlegment of my queries. All the secretary says is they are snowed under with the backlog. Surely if. I was already on it, I should be locked and loaded ready for september. What is going on like?

Basically money is getting very tight!!!

Anyone have any input?

• Registered Users Posts: 45 thebutlerdidit

stevefzs wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply I am going to enquire local office tomorrow:)
    How'd you get on? I saw this on the Cbi website

http://m.cinfo.ie/en/social_welfare/social_welfare_payments/back_to_education/back_to_education_allowance.html

Did they hassle you over the late application?

• Advertisement
Advertisement