Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carlingford

Options
  • 20-09-2012 8:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Hi,
    I am going to Carlingford my TY class and Im very worried.
    I know we will be doing alot of water based activities and I would
    love to do these but Im unsure if they will have a wetsuit in my size and I dont want everyone laughing at me when we get down there. Does anyone know how big the sizes goup to? Should you get a size bigger because they stick to you? What do you wear on udner them?

Thank you :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭RoRo979

Hi,
    I am going to Carlingford my TY class and Im very worried.
    I know we will be doing alot of water based activities and I would
    love to do these but Im unsure if they will have a wetsuit in my size and I dont want everyone laughing at me when we get down there. Does anyone know how big the sizes goup to? Should you get a size bigger because they stick to you? What do you wear on udner them?

Thank you :)

I went with my TY class there around 3 weeks ago. They have all sizes of wetsuits. There will be one to fit you. No if they stick to you it dosnt matter its meant to be skin tight to prevent water getting in.

You can wear whatever you want under i just wore swimming shorts but other people wore t-shirts etc

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭nimrod86

I've never been to carlingford, but I use wetsuits fair bit and you want them to be tight, if it's loose it's no good. They work by letting water in and keeping it close to you so it warms up. If the sleeves or legs are loose, water circulates and doesn't warm up, and you'll just be cold. If your worried about them looking funny because they are so skin tight, I'd recommend wearing a pair of shorts over them too! Feels less revealing I find anyway! Have fun!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

Yeah I was there with my class last year and it's grand, they have many sizes (even one to fit my lanky self)
    The OP made like 5 threads for this :o hence why I didn't reply and followed

Advertisement