Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Social Welfare Question

Options
  • 20-09-2012 8:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

Hi All

I am living with my partner, and I am doing an internship with Jobridge. My partner has a job interview for a full time job ( he is currently on JSB) and I was wondering if he gets this full time job how it will affect me? Will my internship payment be cut? We were going to apply for rent allowance but if he gets this job, will be be deemed in eligible?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

OP - your thread might get a better response here.
    Moved from PI.

Taltos

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Carriexx

Hi, so there will be 2 wages coming in you prob wont be entitled to rent allowance - you will have a job to pay the rent with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 556 ✭✭✭sligoface

your job bridge allowance won't be cut, but you most likely won't be able to get rent allowance. you have to be on the council housing list, also living in an accommodation for 6 months where you were paying rent, and then show that you had a loss of income or change of circumstance that is affecting your ability to pay rent to qualify for RA. In your case the household's income has actually increased.

Advertisement