Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2 day long migrane and counting...

Options
  • 20-09-2012 7:50pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 112 ✭✭

Anybody else get a migrane during their first week? The quit smoking sites say that it's the nicotine withdrawal, but I'm still getting my nic fix from vaping of course.

Another guy said it's the body responding to extra oxygen in the blood.

I'm drinking water like a fish by the way so it's not dehydration.

So, am I alone here? Or did yez all go through this?

Any other sh!tty withdrawal symptoms that I should be looking forward to even though I'm getting a nicotine fix?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

you're still missing a **** load of chemicals from tobacco that you're not getting from vaping, good chance it's that

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Anyone

Havent had a migraine as such, but a bit of a headache yeah. I'm putting it down to the change in what's going to my body.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,796 ✭✭✭Calibos

No headaches for me and I'm the type that gets a headache at the drop of a hat. ie. Go half a day without my coca cola fix and I'm in headache central.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 PinkVaper

There's two possibilities for this from my own experience - one is the MAOI's in cigarettes and the withdrawal of such can cause headaches. As we know ecigs don't have all the crap in them so there's some withdrawal of those going on.

Other possibility which happens to me the odd time is when vaping too high a nicotine strength for too long I will get a headache. If you cut down nic and still get headaches it's the former or if you have headaches when not vaping/soon after vaping then it's not nicotine strength. If you get headaches during and after vaping I'd say it's the nic strength and cutting down or putting it down should sort it :)

Best of luck

Cass :)

Advertisement