Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does anywhere in Ennis willingly take toys and baby equipment?

Options
  • 20-09-2012 7:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭

I have some bits and pieces of baby equipment that I no longer need and some baby toys. Do any of the charity shops take these? I don't want to arrive with a big box and to be told they don't take them.
    Thanks.

Edited as I meant to put Ennis into the title, anywhere in Ennis, sorry!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭CptSternn

No. There is already a thread on this somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Babygirlz,

It might be worth asking Clare Crusaders Children's Clinic if they are interested in the toys, some of the toys may be of use to them for their play therapy sessions. As for the baby equipment, you could try Clare Care or St. Vincent De Paul.

Nowhere takes them. I know, I tried every place suggested and they said no. I threw out six large boxes of baby/childrens toys, some of which were never even used, because nowhere wanted them.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=65061632

The recycling center will take them for a few bob, usually between €5 - €10 euro. There is a bin for plastics that most will go into. That's what I ended up doing with them, loading them all up in a mates pickup truck and dumping them.

CptSternn wrote: »
    Nowhere takes them. I know, I tried every place suggested and they said no. I threw out six large boxes of baby/childrens toys, some of which were never even used, because nowhere wanted them.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=65061632
    CptSternn wrote: »
    The recycling center will take them for a few bob, usually between €5 - €10 euro. There is a bin for plastics that most will go into. That's what I ended up doing with them, loading them all up in a mates pickup truck and dumping them.

Oh God, that is seriously depressing! It is two years since the last thread so hopefully some of them may have changed their policies. My sister donated educational toys a few months back to Clare Crusaders and they accepted them. They were actually appealing for toys and other goods last year ahead of a boot sale they were organising.

Last year, I donated two dolls house to SVP and they accepted them (my daughter received three identical dolls houses from relations).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Kayleen

Why not put the items up on the Facebook page "Clare Free to a Good Home" hundreds of items being given away daily to the people of Clare. It's a fantastic way of giving stuff away and you know it's going to someone that really needs/wants it.

Thanks very much for the info Kayleen.
    On The Today Show [28/06/12] this afternoon, Ennis woman Tina Whelan joined Gavin Grace in studio to talk about “Clare Free to a Good Home” – a novel facebook initiative to help you save money. The facebook page allows people to advertise items they don’t want or need anymore and offer them, free of charge, to those who have a use for them. People are allowed to claim one item a day and so far Tina has been amazed by the reaction the site is getting. She says up to 50 items a day are being given away to a good home in Co. Clare.

http://clare.fm/blog/todayshow

• Registered Users Posts: 8,939 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

I've seen toys in Mrs. Quins Charity Shop on O'Connell Street (just across fro the Cathedral). They support the National Council for the Blind.

There's also the Ennis Freecycle group (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/EnnisFreecycleIreland/). Not a charity, but a forum where you post up about things you want to give away, and people who are interested can contact you and take them off your hands. It'a amazing the things people put up there. We gave away 2 wheelbarrows of stones and broken tiles once (someone needed rubble for a foundation), and my wife once got 5 acorns through it (!), so I'd say baby equipment and toys will easily find a home. If you can't get a charity to accept the stuff, at least there's a chance of giving it to someone who wants it this way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Paw Pourri in Ennis might like to have them.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

I've volunteered with Clare Crusaders recently and there are quite a lot of toys. They will probably take it still. Some games etc had a lot of pieces missing.

• Advertisement
Advertisement