Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1.8ohm or 2.4?

Options
  • 20-09-2012 3:38pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 112 ✭✭

I have an ego vision v3 and the long 1000mah battery with the LCD screen.

The thing is I don't know what ohm my clearomizer is, and neither did the guy in the shop.

I'm just about to buy another clearomizer online but I'm not sure whether to get 1.8ohm or 2.4 ...

What should I do? Help a noob!:pac:

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

if the vape is pretty cool it's probably a 2.4ohm, if it's quite warm.. probably 1.8

other than that.. unless you can get your hands on a multimeter.. dunno if theres any way to tell.. unless it's printed on the clearo somewhere

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 112 ✭✭Allah_

I wouldn't call it cool. I'd say it's breath temperature?! Hard to tell. What's cool? Ice cool?!

*shrug*
    :)

no way to know really. neither should be too cold or too warm. and they have some variances in resistance too.. a 1.8om could be anywhere from 1.8-2.2ohms sometimes...

pick one and try it out I guess..
    do you know anyone who'd have a multimeter?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

Can you post a pic showing which exact battery it is?

Ah I just got the 1.8 one.

Don't know anybody with a multimeter no...

Thanks for the quick replies anyway.

VAPE ON BRO!!!

Yeah super vape power activate.

• Advertisement

My battery is the middle one...

ego-lc01.jpg

Delivers 3.8v under load, going down to 3.2v by the time it needs a charge, so the 1.8ohm was the best choice as it'll start at 8 watts (fairly warm, a lot of vapour) down to 5.7 watts.
    If you were vaping a 2.4ohm on that battery... The difference will be night and day.

Good choosing!

Yeah I still have to figure out how resistance and voltage affects vaping.

When you say the difference would be night and day, do you mean that as the battery loses power it will just stop working or?

Allah_ wrote: »
    Yeah I still have to figure out how resistance and voltage affects vaping.

When you say the difference would be night and day, do you mean that as the battery loses power it will just stop working or?

The longer you use the battery, it'll decrease the voltage, and so the wattage (which is the heat, the power creating the vapour).
    Your battery'll ask to be recharged when you hit 3.2 volts, which'll be 5.7 watts. Not great, not terrible.

When I said night and day, I meant if you were using a 2.4ohm coil/clearo previously, the new coil would be night and day against it.

A 2.4ohm coil on that battery would start at 6 watts, and work down to 4.2 watts, which is a barely-there vape, minimal vapour or flavour.
    You'd feel/taste the difference in a big way.

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭jamie72

Right, just thumbing through here and I've a question!

I've the 650mah batterry I got from here:
    http://www.thevapourstore.ie/joye-ego/joye-ego-starter-kit-510-version-/prod_245.html

I'm using this with the Kanger T2, which is around 2.4ohm. From what you've said, I should have noticed a difference, but I've just switched from a battery that ran out, to a new one, and I didn't notice any difference. Down to the last pull, it was giving tons of vapor.

Am I missing something?

• Advertisement

nah

most ego batteries are regulated, so they stay at a particular voltage right up until they're like.. on the cusp of dying

some ego batteries are unreagulated, so they start off at 4.2v and as the charge depletes the voltage they offer drops and drops

you likely have a regulated battery, it's outputting at 3.2 or 3.4v

Advertisement