Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FAS - night course

Options
  • 20-09-2012 2:58pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 389 ✭✭

I don't honestly know where to put this so if I have put it in the wrong section I apologize. FAS is however supposed to be under the Social Welfare dept. I went to Baldoyle a few weeks ago and they told me to go to FAS Swords because I was not registered as living in the area. I advised that under social welfare that I was registered at this address and this was my area but they were not hearing any of it.

I went last Monday week to Swords and changed my address. I asked re night courses in Baldoyle and advised that I would like to do payroll starting next Mon. They gave me the details and adv someone from Baldoyle would ring me in the next week to confirm. Nobody did so I rung them. They adv that all courses were since over a month ago filled up. Are FAS that disorganised? A friend of mine adv them to offer money (unemployed get on for free while waged have to pay €400) If they adv they would be full and you offered them money would they accept? It sounds like they don't want to help the unemployed very much! Any other experiences?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 208 ✭✭daver123

If the course is full then you can go on the waiting list for the next available place.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

As above

Closed

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement