Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parking around Malahide DART station?

Options
  • 20-09-2012 8:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Where is the best (and cheapest) place to park around Malahide dart station or the station car park is full? I am new to the area. I went to the station at 7:25am today and there were no spaces left - I see I need to get in much earlier!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

Portmarnock Dart station has a huge carpark. spaces free all day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭seanmacc

If you go that bit further to Clongriffin there's loads of spaces and its free but its safety is questionable.

I'd go Portmarnock though, huge safe car park but 3 euro a day. To get a spot in Malahide you need to be there well before 7am and the way the car park is shaped I'd be afraid my car would get an accidental nudge. If you don't mind a little walk and and can get back to the car before 6 in the winter you can park it in the car park at the entrance to Malahide Castle. Its free but its about 20 minutes walk to the village past the pitches.

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭rflynnr

Is it absurd to suggest cycling to the station and locking your bike there? In fairness I'm not sure what part of Malahide you're coming from but even if you're out in Seabury you're still looking at a sub-5 minute cycle.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

Portmarnock Dart station has a huge carpark. spaces free all day

By free I meant available, not cost free... ;)
    Is Malahide carpark not the same price for parking?

Re. Clongriffin, I don't think it has the same level of service as Portmarnock or Malahide

• Registered Users Posts: 22 earring

Thanks everyone,

I will definitely try Portmarnock, I thought the parking situation is similar there but delighted to hear they may have more spaces. Many thanks.

Regarding the parking fee in Malahide, I believe the park by text options allows you to park for 6 euros for 3 days, 30euros for a month, etc. I assume it is the same in Portmarnock.

"rflynnr": I totally agree with you and to be honest with you, I used to cycle to the station for the last 2 months and I believed I could continue doing it. You can call me a bimbo if you wish :) but after several times being soaking wet when entering the Dart (and having to go straight to customer meetings in town, trying to look professional), I gave up and bought a cheap car. I live in Robswall.

Malahide IS great for cycling / walking, I absolutely love the coast road, but I must admit it is handy to have a car when you need to go food shopping etc and your partner is not at home (he has a car too).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78,299 ✭✭✭✭Victor

seanmacc wrote: »
    If you go that bit further to Clongriffin there's loads of spaces and its free but its safety is questionable.

I'd go Portmarnock though, huge safe car park but 3 euro a day. To get a spot in Malahide you need to be there well before 7am and the way the car park is shaped I'd be afraid my car would get an accidental nudge. If you don't mind a little walk and and can get back to the car before 6 in the winter you can park it in the car park at the entrance to Malahide Castle. Its free but its about 20 minutes walk to the village past the pitches.
    You can park in the Quarry Field car park - 3 minute walk, but yes, it does close early.

http://maps.google.ie/maps?saddr=Malahide+Road&daddr=Unknown+road&hl=en&ll=53.450391,-6.156828&spn=0.001636,0.005284&sll=53.45035,-6.157204&sspn=0.001636,0.005284&geocode=FUyVLwMd7Aii_w%3BFQiYLwMd_g-i_w&dirflg=w&mra=dme&mrsp=0&sz=18&t=m&z=18

• Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭seanmacc

Victor wrote: »

Its pay and display now since last year. Train commuters were taking the p**s and it used to be wedged in the morning.

You get one hour free parking now and you can pay for another two but 3 is the maximum. The machine will give you a ticket for an hour by pushing the button. The traffic warden regularly patrols the car park as well

Advertisement