Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best scope for colt m4 cqbr!

Options
  • 19-09-2012 10:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭

Right guys here go's. I'm after a scope for my M4 was looking at elcan 4x but just not sure. I know some say scopes on M4s are pointless but none the less I want one anyway. Not just for looks either want one that works not too worried on price but cheaper the better. As its a heavy aeg and a cqbr it can't be a huge scope either. I wear a half mesh mask while out playing, I find it hard with the thick stock on the M4 that trying to acquire targets through the iron sights can be troublesome hence why I want a good scope to get targets quicker. Of course when I bought it I didn't think the stock would be a problem as I didn't wear my mask when buying. Previous aegs I had the battery was in the front rails the stock was thinner so never factored it in. I've always used a half mask and won't change it.

So if you guys have any ideas that would help I'd appreciate it

Cheers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,399 ✭✭✭Kashkai

I bought a Trijicon ACOG sight from SGAirsoft in Dublin 3 for my M4. I was a good shot just using the iron sights but with this sight on the gun and properly zeroed in, it's impossible to miss now;). I can hit the one inch wide bars on my kid's swing from 30 metres.

Like you, I use a half face mesh mask and so it had to be bashed in a bit so I could bring the gun up close to my cheek to look down the sight. The trick is to keep both eyes open when using the sight. It'll soon come naturally and all you'll see when scanning is a red/green crosshair.

The biggest problem you might have while skirmishing is fogged up glasses that stop you seeing through the sight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

Depends on what your after, a big red dot is best for quick cqb type stuff, while a magnified scope is good outdoors (anything past 4x is pointless for airsoft ranges), I had a big 40mm strike systems red dot that was great for quick scanning, but recently gone over to the acog side. Go to the shop with your device and try them out with your usual gear on.........acogs are nice and tall and get past most masks imho

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭Trebob

Cheers lads. I put a friends elcan on and well let's say it looked far too big and bulky. Thing is well I don't play cqb much anymore for reasons we won't get into cause il be in trouble in here:D play a lot out doors would an acoq red dot be any use outside as I'm more inclined for a magnified scope instead. Would it suit a cqbr though. I might need a riser or something for it so it's all up in the air. Still will go up to a retailer with the rifle and see what they got. But if anyone has got anymore ideas would be greatful for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭T4RGET

Trebob wrote: »
    Cheers lads. I put a friends elcan on and well let's say it looked far too big and bulky. Thing is well I don't play cqb much anymore for reasons we won't get into cause il be in trouble in here:D play a lot out doors would an acoq red dot be any use outside as I'm more inclined for a magnified scope instead. Would it suit a cqbr though. I might need a riser or something for it so it's all up in the air. Still will go up to a retailer with the rifle and see what they got. But if anyone has got anymore ideas would be greatful for them.

I use an aimpoint and play 99% outdoors. magnification is pretty pointless for airsoft I find, especially anything past 4x. dependent on what scope you pick (RDS or magnification) you're going to use them differently. Like I said I use a red dot, every single time I fire my AEG even up close, I can see my RDS. a magnified scope will probably be used to sit back and pick targets off before moving up, then if you get too close trying to aim down a magnified scope will become pointless (usually). So really I find that people use the two standards of scopes very differently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

I use on of these, best of both worlds...sgairsoft have them cheaper than ebay. 4 x Acog with Doctor Red dot.

ACOG-TA31-4X32-scope-Doctor-auto-red-dot-Black_9040968_5.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭Trebob

Nice one lads. I've narrowed it down to three the best of both mentioned by Fitzgeme. The aimpoint comp m4 and finally the acoq 1x32 red dot. I'm heading up today to see which I find more comfortable. So on Sunday il be out and will finally be able to hit something with this rif without having to strain down iron sights. If I'd had known the trouble I dont think I'd of got it. But it's such a nice gun couldn't help myself as is airsoft.

Advertisement