Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

birthing balls during labour

Options
  • 19-09-2012 10:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭

Has anyone used a birthing ball during labour and have you found it helpful?

Anyone know if Holles street have them?
    Is it common to bring one in?

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Holles St gave me one on my first to use in labour.
    Any distraction is good:-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭Betsie_xr3i

Yeah I used one during labour, found it along with the tens machine got me through the 1st few hours, its great for bringing the head right down

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭missis aggie

I used one couple of months before due date as it helps to prepare pelvis for labour. During the labour rocking on the ball helps the babys head to go down easier and was relaxing. I was in Coombe and they gave me a ball but I brought mine just in case.
    Well recommended :)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,915 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

I had been registered to Holles St and they told me that you can bring in your own if it's an anti-burst ball. Otherwise you can use one of theirs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭liliq

iguana wrote: »
    I had been registered to Holles St and they told me that you can bring in your own if it's an anti-burst ball. Otherwise you can use one of theirs.

this is what I was going to say.
    there is a limited number there apparently, so if you definitely want to use one you might be better bringing your own, and it has to be antiburst (so they say in the antenatal classes...)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭2xj3hplqgsbkym

I used one during labour. Found it fantastic for rocking over and back on during contractions. Make sure you use it plenty before hand too. Yes bring your own - would feel more
    anyway! Tip- pump it up at the garage, only realised you could do this after my husband spent ages doing it by hand!

Advertisement