Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vaping plus drinking = Nicotine overdose / dehydration / absolutely bollixed.

Options
  • 19-09-2012 3:52pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 112 ✭✭

So I was having a few tins and banter last night at home. I'd usually put a considerable dent in my packet of rollie tobacco when tins & craic are involved, so last night I absolutely vaped the sh!t out of it.

Now I've got one of the worst hangovers I've had in ages! When I woke up I felt extremely dehydrated. Massive headache. Crusty lips. Like when Clint Eastwood was dragged through the desert in Good the Bad & the Ugly.

And I know it's not the beer, because I only had 5 cans which is nothing for me.

So I've decided to get a new e-juice for when I'm drinking. The one I have at the moment is 18mg. Maybe I need something lighter? Does it matter if it's PG or VG? I heard some people react badly to PG juices... anything to recommend? (tobacoo flavour)

Thanks

Btw I still haven't touched my e-cig today and it's almost 4pm. It f&ked me up that much.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

i'd say definitly go for a lighter juice for drinking. I havent been that bad myself after a night out but if you vape as much as you smoke then you can over do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭feelpablo

Funny this (not how your feeling btw!!)...

I was just thinking about the same thing!

I recently passed out at a music festival...here is the lowdown.

1: I just started vaping a week before.
    2: I only had 5 pints and no illegal substances.
    3: It never happened to me before and scared the absolute snot out of me as I had to be rushed to hospital due being dehydrated,low blood pressure and high heart rate.
    4: I was chugging the juice down all day and wasnt drinking any water.

So I have fiqured that I need tons more water on a normal day vaping not alone when Im drinking!

Now Im not 100% sure its due to me vaping....but I would give it a good stab that this was the problem.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

vaping can be dehyraditing. so when you couple that with the dehydration you get from the beer.. yeah it'll have an effect

have a pint of water sitting on the table and sip it during the night while you're drinking beer

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 112 ✭✭Allah_

Any good light tobacco juices to recommend? 12mg ish?

And would switching to a VG juice make a difference?

i think vg is the biggest dehydrator.. to make the vapour it sucks the moisture out of your mouth as you're exhaling.. or something like that

and.. just get the juice you like now.. but in 12mg..

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

I notice the dehydration a bit, but can't say i've had such an effect as you guys have had.

I vape quite a lot aswell, around 6ml of fluid a day....saying that, i don't drink alcohol tho..

Switching to VG my help, as it doesn't dry you out as much as PG..but it'll gunk up your cartos and atties a bit!

eeloe wrote: »

Switching to VG my help, as it doesn't dry you out as much as PG

i think vg is the biggest dehydrator..

LoL come on folks I'm a very confused noob at the moment.

Also ... can somebody just recommend me a good tobacco juice? There are millions and I'm not going to test them all. The one I have at the moment isn't great. I was thinking of eLiqua. Are they good?

liqua tobaccos are good

dekang deluxe tobacco or winston or dk-tab

el toro cigarillos naturales

liqua tobaccos are good

dekang deluxe tobacco or winston or dk-tab

el toro cigarillos naturales

Thanks. Which is the cheapest online shop for liquids?

dunno..

e-smoke ireland are pretty cheap

ezsmoke and thebestshop are cheap too.... dunno about the others

http://www.vapingireland.com/Home/Vendors

have a peek at the sites here

• Advertisement

Sound.

So it seems e-cigs can be quite dangerous if vaped as often as you would a real cig while drinking beer. This is particularly relevant to us Irish.

This should be added to the Electronic Cigarettes FAQ sticky ASAP!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Elbow

Allah_ wrote: »
    Thanks. Which is the cheapest online shop for liquids?

http://www.easy-eliquid.com/easy-eliquid-10ml/

I'm posting this with a word of warning though, you really do get what you pay for when it comes to e-liquid.

€3.95 might seem like good value for 10ml but the difference in flavor between these & a €5-€6 bottle is worth the extra expense.

e-smokeireland have the best overall range in the country, irishvapers white label & halo ranges are fantastic

The DKS range from bargainvapour is more expensive again but completely natural & the flavor is unreal.

On a completely unrelated matter wahooooooo 1000th post :D

I vape more than my friends smoke when we're out drinking and I've never had any issues tbh...

300 odd people spent the day vaping at vapefest and no one passed out

*shrug*

stuff happens, who knows why

Elbow wrote: »
    http://www.easy-eliquid.com/easy-eliquid-10ml/

I'm posting this with a word of warning though, you really do get what you pay for when it comes to e-liquid.

l.

easy-eliquid's juices are dekang and hangsen. they're good juices by and large their cheap price is just down to where and in what quantity they are made.

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭newmark

I used to smoke about 30 fags or more on a night on top of what I'd have smoked before going out so I find the hangovers are not as bad with the vaping. I also find I don't vape as much as I used to smoke on a night out because I do be too busy talking about vaping and explaining it to curious people.

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭feelpablo

Have to say i dont find it on a night out as bad because I usually go out to the smoking area when I want a vape.
    At the festival I was just chain vaping and dancing like a lunatic!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Elbow

easy-eliquid's juices are dekang and hangsen. they're good juices by and large their cheap price is just down to where and in what quantity they are made.

Sorry I didn't phrase that the best, there's absolutely nothing wrong with dekang or hangsen juices, but there are IMO tastier alternatives but they will cost more.

For example you could buy 10ml of dekang or hangsen tobacco juice for €3.95 or you could buy 10ml El Toro Cigarillos Naturales for €5.95.

OR

30ml of dekang or hangsen orange flavor is €9.99 whereas 30ml of Orange De Sangre is €17.95.

There's a big price difference but IMO there's also a massive difference in flavor and this is justified in the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

eeloe wrote: »

Switching to VG my help, as it doesn't dry you out as much as PG

i think vg is the biggest dehydrator..

LoL come on folks I'm a very confused noob at the moment.
    PG and VG both suck up water, but...
    PG dehydrates the back of your throat initially when vaping inwards, because it's less viscous (yay, throathit!), but VG is so viscous that it builds into a pretty thick layer around your mouth and throat, and draws much more saliva into itself which then gets expelled a little through the vapour exhaled, but most of it becomes phlegm that slowly trickles into your stomach, or gets cleared in the throat and swallowed.

Personally I've found my hangovers better because I don't wake up with a hairy mouth or broken lungs, but I don't drink as much as I used to (he says, quaffing pale ale as he types).

Edit: I guarantee I did not just write "worthwhile phlegm"?!?

I dunno what just happened.

I'm off to take a worthwhile p1ss.

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Tucking Fypo

I've drank and totally chain vaped the night away and I'd no side effects at all.

I've drank and totally chain vaped the night away and I'd no side effects at all.

What juice were you using?

Gimme it! (the details..)

• Advertisement

I just smoked a rollie that I bummed off a friend. :mad:

Couldn't bear looking at the e-cig after last night. Maybe I need to get another juice. My head and lungs are still pounding even though I've drank about 2 litres of water.

What juice were you using?

Gimme it! (the details..)

First time it was the cigarellos El toro 18mg or 20mg

Second time was RY4 18mg

What were you drinking?

What were you drinking?

5 tins of karpackie.

Which is nothing for me. I'd drink that watching a film. If I was going out I'd have about 9 tins in me, then onto the pints.

So it was definitely the e-cig.

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭sept09baby

I remember being dehydrated in the first couple of weeks but wasn't an issue after that. Think it was cos I was taking short drags it dried out my mouth more but have been fine since then

I drink lots of water throughout the day anyway. So maybe that has helped. No doubt knowing my luck I'll get to over do it so night. Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 32 PinkVaper

The low blood pressure is an indicator here - I had lbp and got dizzy spells and faint feeling without any kind of ecig intervention. Nicotine is a stimulant and will increase heart rate but increases blood pressure so ecig may or may not be to blame? if you feel light headed simply put your ecig down for a bit. Lower strength would be the best way to go to avoid this happening in future if it is ecig related, hard to do though eh!. I also find when using LR atties and or 6v that the same strength is much more powerful so I have to vape lower mg for that.

Another aspect may be low blood pressure as a result of not as much nicotine as you're used to from real cigs? May I ask how long you've been vaping? The low blood pressure could be to do with your body getting less nicotine than before - perhaps you had low blood pressure and without realising it cigarettes were increasing it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭krissovo

I am working with a major chemical/pharmaceutical company at the moment who incidentally make some of the glycerin bases for juice.

Long story short > I managed to speak with one of the pharma scientists yesterday and put the question of e-cigs to him and the symptoms in the post. I didnt understand most the conversation but the output is something like this:

Dry mouth - side effect of all glycerin's, NOTE drinking water/fluids in excess can make it worse. Hence when on the lash you make it worse and wake up feeling like your sucking on a desert nomads flip flop.

Headache - Abnormal Nicotine intake (high or low)

Passing out - Glycerin's that are for food contain sulphates and other substances which medical glycerin's do not. If you have a steady intake of food based glycerin and for example switch to a medical based this will effect the balance of sulphates your body is getting and can cause diabetic symptoms like low blood sugar which can cause passing out.

Advertisement