Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Has anyone here volunteered with Watoto Wa Baracka

Options
  • 19-09-2012 3:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi guys. At the suggestion of a friend I joined the forum here. My main reason is to see if anyone here has volunteered with Volunteer African Orphanage? I <mod snip> emailed them for an application form. Upon receiving the form I got a little suspicious as they looked for a passport number from me. So I guess the info I am looking for is if they are a legit volunteer organisation or if anyone on here has volunteered with them? And if not if you have any suggestions of charities you have volunteered with in Africa? Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks :D

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,481 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

"Volunteer Orphanage Africa".

Sounds like something set up to get great SEO (Google rank) not to help Africans. From a quick glance I would say stay well clear.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 melissab099

dory wrote: »
    "Volunteer Orphanage Africa".

Sounds like something set up to get great SEO (Google rank) not to help Africans. From a quick glance I would say stay well clear.

that was my initial thought too!
    i have since found some really good charities that have been recommended by friends of friends & that are known to be legit

Advertisement