Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

working in shannon

Options
  • 19-09-2012 2:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭

hi,am starting work in shannon next month and was wondering where would be a good place to live?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭ligind

I work in Shannon and I dont know much about the various housing estates there but if you are young and single you are probably better off on the north side of Limerick or in Ennis.

I would know a good few lads over the years who moved to Shannon for work and started off living in Shannon itself because it seemed logical, nearly all of them would move after 6 months to Ennis or Limerick.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,720 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

Well if you have a car I'd advise you move to Limerick. If not, there are no 'real' problem areas in Shannon. It's a safe enough town compared with other towns of the same size.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,394 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Depends on what you want really.

If you want apartment block living, you have bru na sionna, beside the shopping centre. Advantages are that it's a modern building, disadvantages would include possible noisy neighbours, not amazingly well built but a lot of three are quite big.

Other apartments would be bru ard caoin and ard caoin court, across from Atlantic air venture/mace. These are small enough but nice and modern too.

Beside these is ballycasey park, Bit bigger than the ones in ard caoin, again DSL broadband only and not as quiet.

There are more apartments up towards the church, seem to be very lively busy place. A bit older buildings than the ones above.

None of these can get cable broadband, so you're limited to eircom line.

There are some older apartment blocks like kincora and tradaree, but these are old and I wouldn't bother.

There's town court across from xtra vision, I'd avoid these, they're damp noisy apartments and not a very nice place in general.

No offence to anyone living in any of these places. With my previous job I've been in houses in every estate in Shannon so would know the place well enough but my opinions are just that.

Are you looking for an apartment or house share?

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Davyhal

Personally, I find that if you are not a Shannon native, you will not adjust to Shannon too well... If you have a car, I would recommend Ennis or North Limerick.... Ennis is a quality town when a good weekend nightlife and all the typical amenities for during the week (gyms, cinema, bowling etc) and rent is very reasonable I find. However, if you are more of a city guy, Limerick of course is your choice

Advertisement