Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

vw tdi 90bhp to 130bhp upgrade.

• 19-09-2012 10:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭

hi lads, i have a MK4 90bhp tdi Golf, i'm getting a bit bored of the power and can't afford to buy a complete new car, i read somewhere on the internets that it's possible to get much more power out of my existing engine by fitting a 130bhp spec turbo, 110bhp injectors and a remap. has anyone done or heard of this conversion? i am aware that the turbo will probably need a few modifications to make it fit, i can do that sort of thing myself. thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭Kevvv

You could get it remapped to 116bhp without a new turbo or injectors

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,592 ✭✭✭tossy

If you are going to be paying someone to do the work along with buying 4 injectors and a turbo,plus a remap you are better off selling yours and buying a 130 pd golf,it would probably be cheaper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭Ronnie Beck

hi lads, i have a MK4 90bhp tdi Golf, i'm getting a bit bored of the power and can't afford to buy a complete new car, i read somewhere on the internets that it's possible to get much more power out of my existing engine by fitting a 130bhp spec turbo, 110bhp injectors and a remap. has anyone done or heard of this conversion? i am aware that the turbo will probably need a few modifications to make it fit, i can do that sort of thing myself. thanks.

Bigger injectors and a remap will give you lots more power. Wouldn't bother with the turbo. Turbo upgrades on TDI's generally give you only a small performance increase for alot of money. Diesels power is controled by fuel injection rather then by air intake. Look into cleaning out your intake manifold and EGR(blank it off too) before the remap. This should give you more than enough air flow.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭boost creep

great suggestions there lads, think i'll look into keeping the standard turbo and go with what Ronnie Beck says, i'm not looking for huge power, just an improvement on what i have already, sound lads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,617 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Blank off the egr as suggested above.
    Fit injectors from a 110
    Remap,
    That should see you with around 140bhp.
    Then pending on the way you drive it you will need to start saving for a clutch kit.

• Advertisement

actually the car is having a new clutch at the moment anyway! does anyone know of a good remapper in the Cork or Waterford area?

actually the car is having a new clutch at the moment anyway! does anyone know of a good remapper in the Cork or Waterford area?

When it comes to mapping and even more so with a bespoke map to suit your mods then there is only one guy in the country worth considering and that's Joe power.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

Look up the evry mod, blank the egr and get a new clutch ;)

the new clutch is being sorted, picked up a set of 110bhp injectors today, next job is to make the blanking plates for the EGR, then book her in with Joe Power!

the new clutch is being sorted, picked up a set of 110bhp injectors today, next job is to make the blanking plates for the EGR, then book her in with Joe Power!

Good move. The evry mod is a waste of time and money ( although admittedly very little money lol ) there is no substitute for a good map.

• Advertisement

tossy wrote: »
    Good move. The evry mod is a waste of time and money ( although admittedly very little money lol ) there is no substitute for a good map.

exactly tossy, there's no point in getting one of those generic maps done, i used to be a real petrol head, never thought i'd be getting excited over a diesel engine!

Advertisement