Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Colleges in Canada

Options
  • 19-09-2012 10:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hello Friends,

Recently, I have completed my Graduation in Computer Science.
    Now , I want to do Post Graduation in Canada ..
    so, Please anyone tell me the name of Best colleges In Canada..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭HavingCrack

You might want to brush up on your English for a start.

The university you choose really depends on your field of study, different departments have different strengths and weaknesses.

Having said that the world class Canadian universities would generally be seen as McGill University in Montreal, the University of Toronto and the University of British Columbia in Vancouver.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭a posse ad esse

Depends what you want to study. I am at McGill at the moment doing a graduate degree.

If you want to have a higher degree in Computer Science the three mentioned above by the previous poster are very good indeed but not the best for that field. University of Waterloo and Queens University are known in Canada as the best for Computer Sciences and Engineering. They are internationally recognised institutions and are just as competitive as McGill, U of T and UBC. The last three are more known for medicine, law and other doctorate programmes but for primarily undergraduate and masters programmes there are other unis in Canada that are better.

By the way as far as colleges, in Canada they are not in the same category as universities. Colleges are for post secondary and technical diplomas. Unis are for bachelors, masters or doctorate degrees.

Advertisement