Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Radio Reception in Maghera Area

Options
  • 19-09-2012 10:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭

Does anybody else have trouble with Radio reception in the Maghera area and in particular Radio 1.
    When my receiver ( Denon 580RD )is in stereo mode it keeps breaking up but when I put it in mono it works perfectly.
    Also the frequency 88.80 seems to have shifted and best reception is now on 88.75.
    I have also tried a Pioneer radio and am having the same problems and the same frequency change.
    I emailed RTE on 28th August but waiting 3 weeks for a reply to the above query .

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭johnnylancer

As an addition at 10.35 the Pat Kenny Show went off air in Maghera ( 88.80 ) region and was off for about 3 minutes but then came back on with no comment or apology

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,293 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Clam

Not mentioned in the thread you advised.
    The problem I am trying to solve is going on longer than 4 weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,305 ✭✭✭Antenna

Also the frequency 88.80 seems to have shifted and best reception is now on 88.75.

It hasn't shifted, there is probably an interference blob just above 88.8, and detuning on the other side of 88.8 helps. You have ruled out your receiver as being to blame if a different one has the same issue.

Try plugging out (don't just put in standby) everything in your house one-by-one and see does the interference disappear ?? It could for instance be a new TV Set-top box ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,293 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Clam

Yes it is mentioned in the thread I mentioned:rolleyes:

No, the frequency hasn't shifted. The problem you have. if it's been for a few weeks, is on your end. Any breaks in transmission over the last day or so is due to the works carried out by RTENL.

• Advertisement

I am also having reception problems on my car radio in the Shannon area from Maghera in 88.80.
    There is definately a reception problem in the Shannon area which is going on for nearly 2 months.
    I have contacted RTE about a month ago but have not had a response

I am also having reception problems on my car radio in the Shannon area from Maghera in 88.80.
    There is definately a reception problem in the Shannon area which is going on for nearly 2 months.
    I have contacted RTE about a month ago but have not had a response
    Should have mentioned that problem is in Stereo broadcast.
    On home stereo I can switch to mono and all ok but do not have this option on car radio.

Advertisement