Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Asus K601 Laptop

Options
  • 19-09-2012 2:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,368 ✭✭✭

I have an Asus K601 Laptop that is failing to start Windows 7.

It appears to be a temperamental or even intermittent fault from what I can see.

Initially it would boot to the windows failed to start correctly screen giving me the option to repair (which I didn't even get to try, on another booth it would get to the Asus splash screen & after another boot it would display no post at all, only a blank screen. It seems to have a mind of it's own in that it could boot to any of the above conditions each and every time you try to start it.

I removed the HDD and recovered all the files needed so from that point I'm grand. The HDD is fine and does spin up on each boot attempt. I'm guessing at this stage it's likely to be a Mobo or even processor fault?

Any suggestions on any further troubleshooting steps I could carry out?

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

Advertisement