Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

jobseekers benifit. do i still get it now im married

Options
  • 19-09-2012 2:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

i recently got married and work casualy/prt time.
    I claim jobseekrs benifit for the days im not working.
    Will i still be entited to this or will i be assesed on my wifes pay.

Any help would be great.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,082 ✭✭✭✭Esel

As far as I know the household income is assessed.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 3 stephen 0812

even if im on benifit and not allowence

even if im on benifit and not allowence
    Good point. I just saw your post via New Posts - I wouldn't normally be in this forum.

I'm sure you will soon get a definitive answer from someone who knows the facts.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 3 stephen 0812

haha thanks anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

i recently got married and work casualy/prt time.
    I claim jobseekrs benifit for the days im not working.
    Will i still be entited to this or will i be assesed on my wifes pay.

Any help would be great.

As far as I am aware you will continue to get jobseekers' benefit until your prsi contributions run out you will be then have to apply for jobsekkers' allowance which is means tested (you wife's income will be taken into consideration).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,332 ✭✭✭tatli_lokma

you might get more help in the State benefits forum

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Shellygoose

I was on job seekers benefit before I got married and they took into consideration my partners income at that time. Its an assessment of the household income......if you are living with your partner it is viewed as co-habiting...whether you are married or not.

They determined that my partner could "afford" to pay me E300 a week from his wages and provided me with a grand total of E5.90 benefit a week!!!! :eek: I'm glad to say I'm working now

I was on job seekers benefit before I got married and they took into consideration my partners income at that time. Its an assessment of the household income......if you are living with your partner it is viewed as co-habiting...whether you are married or not.

They determined that my partner could "afford" to pay me E300 a week from his wages and provided me with a grand total of E5.90 benefit a week!!!! :eek: I'm glad to say I'm working now
    Are you sure it was not Job seeker's Allowance you were on?

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Shellygoose

You're right Esel....woops!!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Marriage makes no difference to JSA of you already live together . Jsb is something you have earned in your own right fro. Paying prsi and it will not be touched for co-habiting.

• Advertisement
Advertisement