Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to get rid of an old computer

Options
  • 18-09-2012 11:26pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 216 ✭✭

Hi as the title says I'm wondering where is the best and safest way to get rid of an old pc. I'm from Dublin.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭RUCKING FETARD

Hi as the title says I'm wondering where is the best and safest way to get rid of an old pc. I'm from Dublin.

Thanks in advance
    If you're gonna leave the Hard Drive in it, read this and then bring to your nearest.

Or take out Harddrive and bring the rest to your nearest.

Smash harddrive to a gazillion pieces with Thors hammer or drill hole in it, pop in the attic or whatever.

Did you name yourself after dude from Fair City?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

If you're gonna leave the Hard Drive in it, read this and then bring to your nearest.

Or take out Harddrive and bring the rest to your nearest.

Smash harddrive to a gazillion pieces with Thors hammer or drill hole in it, pop in the attic or whatever.

Why throw away the HDD?....take it out and buy an external enclosure....you can get SATA or IDE ones off ebay for under a fiver shipped!

Why throw away the HDD?....take it out and buy an external enclosure....you can get SATA or IDE ones off ebay for under a fiver shipped!
    Ah right yea, I was assuming (jumping the gun) that it's broke.:o

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 216 ✭✭Tommy Dillon

No it's not broken but it's old and really slow and got a new one. Why is it so important to smash the hard drive?

Thanks very much for your advise

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

recycling places will sell on or re-use salvageable parts

http://www.zdnet.com/one-in-10-secondhand-hard-drives-hold-residual-data-4010025982/

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 216 ✭✭Tommy Dillon

subway wrote: »
    recycling places will sell on or re-use salvageable parts

http://www.zdnet.com/one-in-10-secondhand-hard-drives-hold-residual-data-4010025982/

Brilliant thanks very much. (I'd thank your post if I knew how to on this phone) now to find out how to get the hd out

Edit. It worked this time

• Registered Users Posts: 25,361 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

This crowd will take it off you and scrub the hard drive, they recondition old PCs and send them to developing countries.

Camara Education is a registered charity that provides educational content on refurbished computers to disadvantaged schools in Africa, Jamaica and Ireland providing children with digital literacy.

Drop off your old computer for reuse in education and we will provide secure wiping of all hard drive data to U.S. Department of Defence standard 5220.22M. IT recycling is also provided as any equipment that cannot be reused is recycled at a licenced WEEE facility in Ireland.

http://camara.org/give-computers/ireland/personal/

Advertisement