Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laptop trade-in or re-sell? Advice welcome

Options
  • 18-09-2012 10:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭

I have a brand new Lenovo Thinkpad x121e. I rushed into buying it and it turns out it's not really fit for purpose. I got seduced by its almost tablet-like dimensions and extreme portability, but it turns out I don't take advantage of its portability and I need something bigger and faster considering the type of programs I'm expecting it to run comfortably.

If you were me, would you try to sell the x121e on a site like adverts.ie, or look around for a place that would do some kind of trade-in deal?

Would really appreciate some advice! :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭Jarren

sell it

Stick it also on donedeal/ebay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭Priori

I'm actually going to stick with it... The keyboard is just too high-quality to give up - I've since auditioned other laptops and the keys feel so flimsy by comparison.

The performance issues I've managed to come to terms with - in fact I've managed to speed things up quite a bit, and have also made adjustments to the programs I most use to avoid having to squint.

Advertisement