Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Front grip for a M4 - worth it or just cosmetic??

Options
  • 18-09-2012 9:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,399 ✭✭✭

I've noticed a lot of M4 and GR15 users have front grips on their aeg's. Do they improve handling and aiming or are they more for cosmetic looks?? I find walking while holding my M4 in the ready to fire position gets tiring. Would a front grip help?

If they are a good idea, any links to what I'd need and where to buy would be appreciated. It's a G&G M4 btw.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭Southern Dandy

I've noticed a lot of M4 and GR15 users have front grips on their aeg's. Do they improve handling and aiming or are they more for cosmetic looks?? I find walking while holding my M4 in the ready to fire position gets tiring. Would a front grip help?

If they are a good idea, any links to what I'd need and where to buy would be appreciated. It's a G&G M4 btw.

It is handier for carrying the rifle, but I only use it as a reference point to grip the ris in front of the grip (when I had one), saw this on the magpul DVD's and it makes sense, you have way more control with regards target acquisition gripping the ris with your arm extended. I got rid of the grip in the end and went for the Magpul angled fore grip just suits me better might not suit some.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭FizzyCola

I have a foregrip. It gives you another option for holding the AEG so your arm doesnt get tired as much and saves your wrist. I have mine out as far as I can get it as I find it more comfortable on my arm having it that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭T4RGET

I have one on my Raider and use it too, alot of people have them on their AEG's and grip the magwell. I hold mine at an angle so that might little finger is on the grip, my middle finger and ring finger are more towards the RIS and then my index is on the actual rail, my thumb also goes onto the rail, I'm bascially holding the foregrip the way the magpull's AFG is meant to be held. for airsoft it has little or no affect on gun control obviously but for me I find it more ergonomic. I find when holding the Rail without and grip my wrist gets sore due to the angle at which my wrist has to bend in order to hold it, so the foregrip helps with this :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,399 ✭✭✭Kashkai

T4RGET wrote: »
    I find when holding the Rail without and grip my wrist gets sore due to the angle at which my wrist has to bend in order to hold it, so the foregrip helps with this :)

That's how I feel after a while and when the time comes to fire, my wrist is sore and my gun control is off and I end up missing. That's why I'm considering the front grip so I can "shift position" when holding the gun so my wrist is not stuck in the one position.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Zomg Okay

You should consider a magwell grip as well. Works wonders for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭kev-Oakridge

I find a foregrip on my m4 very good for control on it, especially for cqb

Advertisement