Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ok guys

Options
  • 18-09-2012 8:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭

ok guys, many thanks for all the interesting reading in this forum over the last few days.
    stuff arrived, i have my e cigarette charged, loaded and ready to go. im just about to feck off out for one last (poisonous) smoke. With any luck this time tomorrow ill be vaping instead of smoking.
    any advice about starting vaping will be very much appreciated.

bye bye Drum, i wish i had never met you...

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 112 ✭✭Allah_

Don't throw your tobacco away. Smoke it all and enjoy your last rollie ever. (hopefully) Then start on the e-cigs.

What model did you get?

I'm also a noob by the way, just started "vaping" on Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

Vaping advice:

Slow and steady wins the vape.

Exhale through your nose.

Don't drink the liquid or use it as a massage oil, no matter how much you want to smell like a gummy bear.

Try not to vape high mg juice late at night or you'll never get to sleep.

Keep it away from kids and pets (another workmate switched a couple of days ago, left her room for five minutes, came back and her younger brother was vaping - he's only 9 or 10).

Ask many questions.

Why exhale through your nose?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

i think it's slightly better for flavour

I rarely do it, gives me a runny nose

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭bgrizzley

Allah_ wrote: »
    Don't throw your tobacco away. Smoke it all and enjoy your last rollie ever. (hopefully) Then start on the e-cigs.

What model did you get?

I'm also a noob by the way, just started "vaping" on Saturday.

best of luck to you.:D

This one and a selection of juice (ry4 to start, turksh tobacco in case i didnt like it and banana, coffee for desert:confused:)

http://www.thebestshop.eu/shop/joye-ego-t/22-joye-ego-t-starter-kit.html

have to admit i bought one last pack of tobacco and threw it in the dash of van this eve, not sure if this is setting me up for failure(hopefully tomorrow ill be confident enough to bin it), but if i can i dont want to ever see tobacco again.
    think i may be addicted to the rolling as much as the nicotine so hopefully a gadget will help.

• Advertisement

if you find you need something to do with your hands as well as vaping, you could look into repairables

you basically build the atomiser heating coil yourself inside the atomiser. now you wont have to do it every time you want a vape, like you would a rollie.. but with the right atomiser it's nice in a hobbyist sort of way.. playing about with the coils and figuring out what works best for you.

generally wouldn't reccomend them to new vapers at all, plenty of experienced vapers want nothing to do with them.. but it's an option if you find you get itchy fingers

either that or a cats cradle or something

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

The heavenly rolling ritual gets replaced by recoiling, procrastination and waiting for vapemail.

if you find you need something to do with your hands as well as vaping, you could look into repairables

you basically build the atomiser heating coil yourself inside the atomiser. now you wont have to do it every time you want a vape, like you would a rollie.. but with the right atomiser it's nice in a hobbyist sort of way.. playing about with the coils and figuring out what works best for you.

generally wouldn't reccomend them to new vapers at all, plenty of experienced vapers want nothing to do with them.. but it's an option if you find you get itchy fingers

either that or a cats cradle or something

i like fiddly things, it sounds just what i need, i have my eye on a few bits that you guys have recommended already (thanks again:)).

plus ive already got an eye on my shoelace for the cats cradle lol..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭artyeva

fellow noob here. 7 or 8 days vaping and had my last, last, last cigarette last saturday morning on the way to vapefest ;) i find with the tobbacco flavours i have, i vape them like i'd smoke. few nice long drags every time i feel i would normally have a cigarette. with non tobacco flavours i can sit there and - not chain vape exactly - but i definitely sit and enjoy them more, exhaling through the nose gives me a nice little envelope of flavour.

i got a load of juices delivered today and what i'm also finding is that i can foresee vaping different flavours at different times. like after dinner this evening i had some 'setanta' from irish vapers. just like having a hazlenut coffee and a square of dark chocolate after dinner. feicing delicious. but i was on the phone with a mate this morning for an hour and i chuffed away on 'liqua cola' where i'd normally down 5 or 6 marlboro lights in a row and feel like sh*t after. happy happy happy happy days, and much more juice experimenting to come - yay! :)

bgrizzley wrote: »

This one and a selection of juice (ry4 to start, turksh tobacco in case i didnt like it and banana, coffee for desert:confused:)

have to admit i bought one last pack of tobacco and threw it in the dash of van this eve, not sure if this is setting me up for failure(hopefully tomorrow ill be confident enough to bin it), but if i can i dont want to ever see tobacco again.
    think i may be addicted to the rolling as much as the nicotine so hopefully a gadget will help.

How do you fill the juice in those ones?

My one has a see-through glass vial you put it into, like this: http://www.thebestshop.eu/shop/blank-cartomizers/143-ego-vision-v2.html

Is that pretty much the same as yours, except see-through?

Also, I heard that once you use mad flavours like banana etc, it's hard to get the residual flavour out if you want to switch back over to tobacco flavour or whatever. You'll be smoking tobaco banana. Banacco. Hmmm.... Anyway, maybe the pros can chime in on that one.

One other tip: Don't become someone who looks down on smokers and makes fake coughs even if you're a quarter of a mile away from the person smoking!!! I'm gonna try my best not to become one of those ****...

By the way I was also on rollies... and I do miss the rolling, but less and less as the days go by. I guess you could still roll them for your friends if any of them smoke. I quit weed about 5 years ago but still roll joints for my skeevy stoner friends because I enjoy it.

• Advertisement

his one has a little plastic tank that you fill about a ml of juice into

then that sits into the cone shaped atomiser, which has a little mesh spike over it that pierces the plastic tank and wicks juice down to the atomiser coil
    not really like yours at all

sometimes you can get flavour creep alright. generally it'll only happen for the first few vapes.. but some times a flavour just won't go away.. the stronger coffees or a menthol maybe.. then you're only option is to keep vaping the coffee/menthol, deal with the flavour mix.. or try to clean the atomiser

then you're only option is to keep vaping the coffee/menthol, deal with the flavour mix.. or try to clean the atomiser

Or get a separate atomizer for the mad flavours. One for menthol, one for coffee etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭jamie72

bgrizzley, I bought this kit and was back on the fags in a few hours. It gives a good Nicotine hit, but absoloutly NO flavour for me from it at all, I smoke rollies like yourself.

I've currently ordered a T2, which fits on to the Ego that you've ordered. I don't know if it's going to be any better (it should be arriving tomorrow), just warning you of my experience with that kit. I could see the smoke, but taste or feel nothing.

best of luck with it! from what i read they are the business, i'll include one in my next order to try it out.
    this seems to be working ok for me. slight headache at times, (i think i should have got weaker juice(i got 18mg)), but apart from a couple of flashes, didnt want to roll up.

coffee in the morning will be the big test...

Are you getting much flavor? I wonder if I have a faulty atty or something..

jamie72 wrote: »
    Are you getting much flavor? I wonder if I have a faulty atty or something..

it seems fairly good wth the ry4. tried the banana on the other one and ok too but not as strong. did you try the second one that came with it?

No actually, it's putting out plenty of smoke, so I assumed the atty was fine. I should be getting my new system in the morning anyway (fingers crossed).

coffee in the morning will be the big test...

The aul coffee and fag routine, one of my favourite lovely fag moments ever. It's a big test. But I passed it every day since I started the e-cigs on Saturday :cool:.

The biggest hurdle is the lovely fag moment. It's the reason I failed to quit so many times.

My lovely fag moments are:

After a shower
    Cooking dinner
    After dinner
    After shopping (stand outside Tesco and have a lovely fag)
    Driving
    Being drunk
    After a serious blast of house work.

and more...

The thing is, if you do it once, you know you can do it again; and "it's impossible" is removed from you vocabulary. After each time it gets a bit easier.

So with your coffee and fag moment tomorrow ... you'll be grand.

And the winter is only going to make it easier if you live in a non smoking house. Having a cosy smoke inside with the rain blasting against the window ... and a cup of tea. Ahhhhhhhhh ....

Advertisement