Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jobseekers, and moving to family home

Options
  • 18-09-2012 6:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I am currently working par time in a bar and I receive jobseekers allowance for the days that I don't work.

I live in rented accommodation and I have done for the last few years. However due to my father being ill and tough financial problems with my family I am considering moving home for the moment and chipping in with the bills.

Will I lose my jobseekers benefit or have it severely cut? As it stands I only receive €72.80 after working three days in a week. I am just about to turn 24 (not sure if that has any relevance)

This is an important factor as if I lose this payment on top of paying petrol to commute I will not be much help to my family!

ANY advice or information would be greatly appreciated!!

Advertisement