Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Study on future effects of CAP changes in 2013 on small farmers

Options
  • 18-09-2012 5:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi all,

I'm doing a masters paper investigating on what the politicians/journalists in the EU and Ireland think will happen to Irish farmers with the introduction of changes to the CAP as of next year. But I want to get some answers from the farmers themselves to get a proper view of how the CAP has been at a grassroots level, and the possible new difficulties/advantages to be dealt with next year.

If you, or anyone you know, would like to answer my 10 questions, please send a private message and I'll send you the form. The more the better! And if you like, I can send the paper when it's done so you can see for yourself (pending permission from the university of course!).

Thanks in advance :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,716 ✭✭✭1chippy

i dont envy your task. i havent heard any definitive truth to whats happening in the cap reform. i thought it was 2014 as well. but then again i'm not always fully aware of whats happening outside my own little bubble.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 andydidwhat

Yeah exactly. My Dad is a small farmer in Co. Clare, and I thought I might as well use my research to give him something useful to plan for the coming years! It's all very quiet in the news. Anyways, let me know if you're interested, and I'd be happy to let you know what I find out. Andrea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭rancher

Yeah exactly. My Dad is a small farmer in Co. Clare, and I thought I might as well use my research to give him something useful to plan for the coming years! It's all very quiet in the news. Anyways, let me know if you're interested, and I'd be happy to let you know what I find out. Andrea.
    There's a meeting with Dacian Ciolos EU Commisioner in Ardee friday arranged by Mairead Mc Guinness, lots of delegates will be there and will bring up loads of different issues. I'm sure if you contacted her, you could go.

rancher wrote: »
    There's a meeting with Dacian Ciolos EU Commisioner in Ardee friday arranged by Mairead Mc Guinness, lots of delegates will be there and will bring up loads of different issues. I'm sure if you contacted her, you could go.

I COULD go... but I live in Amsterdam! University fees are cheaper here :) that's why I'm calling out through the boards to the farmers.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 The Tree of Liberty

1chippy wrote: »
    i dont envy your task. i havent heard any definitive truth to whats happening in the cap reform. i thought it was 2014 as well. but then again i'm not always fully aware of whats happening outside my own little bubble.

It will be 2014, the EU budget isn't anywhere near agreed yet and with CAP the biggest item in it then no one will even know what is available before then.

To the OP, there are so many issues to sort out on the CAP such as the format of greening, area based land payments, new entrants provisions, protection of higher payments where capital investment has been made based on them, and a myriad of others that no one can say for certain.

• Advertisement

So, it's more accurate it were to refer to 2014, not 2013. Is Ardee the only meeting with the commissioner?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

And if you like, I can send the paper when it's done so you can see for yourself (pending permission from the university of course!).

[MOD]

AHEM!

Speaking of getting permission BEFORE doing something:
    3. Advertising / Surveys / Market Research

Surveys, Market Research, and other data/information gathering methods are dealt with on a case-by-case basis. If you wish to engage with the members of the Farming & Forestry forum in any such endeavour, you MUST FIRST contact the forum moderators to explain and clarify your intentions and to satisfy the moderators that your activity is of interest, and potentially of benefit, to the forum and the farming community in general.

This DOES appear to be of interest to the forum, so we'll let it sit, but it would have been nice to have been accorded the same courtesy you intend offering your university. :(

[/MOD]

Rovi wrote: »
    [MOD]

AHEM!

Speaking of getting permission BEFORE doing something:

This DOES appear to be of interest to the forum, so we'll let it sit, but it would have been nice to have been accorded the same courtesy you intend offering your university. :(

[/MOD]

:eek: really really sorry! It wasn't my intention to bypass the correct procedures - I ended up asking on boards on the suggestion of a connection on Twitter. I've never used boards.ie (not a great excuse, but I assumed this would have been mentioned by my colleague). I thought it was a fairly informal setting. Apologies!

Advertisement