Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guild War 2 officially on the Mac platform

Options
  • 18-09-2012 4:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭

Beta was released today!
    Today we’re happy to announce another major milestone in the development of Guild Wars 2: going forward, ArenaNet will also be supporting the game on Apple’s Mac OS X. The Mac Beta client is available immediately for all Guild Wars 2 players. It shares the same features and connects to the same live game servers as the PC client. Anyone who purchases Guild Wars 2 can now play it on both PC and Mac.
    Bringing Guild Wars 2 to the Mac is huge for us, because it introduces the game to an entire group of players who are often ignored by game developers. The ability to play together with your friends is one of the underlying principles of Guild Wars 2, and providing a Mac client means that friends and guildmates can play together regardless of what operating system they favor.

This makes me happy :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭uncle_sam_ie

I hope you have a new Mac because it's a very CPU intensive game. It wouldn't run on my sons 2009 iMac.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Yeah it only uses 1 core apparently.. I'm using the rMBP (2.6 i7) so its not that bad

• Registered Users Posts: 2,019 ✭✭✭Colonel Panic

It's a Cider based port of the game rather than a native one, so it's going to run like crap.

Macs are great, but if you want to play games, hit it with the Bootcamp stick or get a PC.

Already have it on Bootcamp, but its just so convenient to boot it up in the OS i'm in.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭uncle_sam_ie

How does it play on your machine?

• Advertisement

How does it play on your machine?

Well I have everything on low or mediumm and its ok. Lag here and there, but I'm keeping in mind that this is just the first beta. It shouuld get better.

On Bootcamp I can have everything on High (some on medium), solid performance.

Advertisement