Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

arnova 7'

Options
  • 18-09-2012 11:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I see in my local supervalu that they are offering Arnova 7' tablets for €99 with reward points. Are these a good tablet? (thinking of getting one as a christmas present for someone) I realise it probably is nothing compared to an Ipad etc which I couldn't afford, but wondering how it stacks up with other tablets? Don't want to waste my money on something that will lead to disappointment on christmas morning if it is only a cheap gimmick

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Is it this one?

not the greatest review but something

• Registered Users Posts: 2 charliebear75

Thanks for your reply. Yep thats the one, it seems ok, but bit worried that its not compatible with google play for getting apps. They are going to be having demos in store in a few weeks so will be able to see it in action then

• Registered Users Posts: 2,120 ✭✭✭mtoutlemonde

Here's the link for the device: http://arnovatech.com/products/g2/arn_7/index.html?country=ie&lang=en - It looks good - anyone have experience with the tablet?

• Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭JoseJones

My Dad has the bigger version, think it's an Arnova 9 or 10 and I gotta say it's pretty good. He doesn't need anything super fancy, just uses it for email and browsing etc. and it's perfect for him. The camera and screen quality aren't the best but as a basic tablet I think you can't go wrong.

There is an app that you can download that will let you install google play too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭RUCKING FETARD

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Philthy

I see them in the SV near where I work for €89 and €69 for a child's version. I didn't catch the exact details but I think you have to spend €400 between this Thursday and the end of October. I don't think I'd manage that!! Surely they can't be that dear to buy in the first place?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

Coincidentally that tablet was reviewed along with 2 other budget tablets on >Click this morning on Dave and didn't do so well.

The review model had a slow processor making games near impossible (as demonstrated on the show) , 2GB of storage, not compatible with the normal app store and a pretty crap resistive touch screen which the reviewer seemed to be having a mare with !

The winner was something called the Scroller tablet but was about 50 quid dearer with a capacitive screen and more storage.

The program was about a year old so it's possible the tablet has been updated of course.

Will try to find a link to the review and post it.

Ken

Hi everyone, just wondering did anyone buy the Arnova yet? They're available in my super valu store but I didn't purchase mine yet until I know its worth buying. I can't believe there was no demonstration model, I don't to spend unnecessarily. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

I have seen one of these tablets somewhere for €59. I can't remember where, and i can't find the link.

There is a tablet (Not sure if it's the same one, as i don't know which one is on offer in Super Valu) on Pixmania for €79 + €9.99 Postage

http://www.pixmania.ie/ie/uk/8758119/art/archos/7-home-tablet-v2-8-gb.html

As for Google Play, It can be put on it (May not be the same version, but it can be put on all of them)

Personally, i'd go for one of THESE

I wouldn't spit on it.

Archos don't have a fantastic repuation, but even saying that there are two categories of Archos products - the 'real' Archos developed ones, and rebranded tablets developed by their Chinese partners. The real Archos ones can actually be okay, but the rebranded ones (Arnova, Archos 'Home Tablet' etc) are pure crap, no better than the generic tablets you see on deal sites.

There's so many decent tablets in the 150 range nowadays that you'd be mad to go with one of these just to save a few bob.

• Advertisement

Sorry to be going off topic but anyways. I decided in the end not to buy the Arnova tablet as I saw another one with more memory for the same price and had put it out of my mind until today when I got a leaflet from Euronics where there was a GOCLEVER TAB R75 Bundle which includes a case and keyboard and its also €99. Did anyone buy one of these? Is this one worth buying? I had given up on buying one but when I saw all that comes with this it has put the interest into my head again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,001 ✭✭✭Firblog

It's an excellent little device, be careful of the cover tho, the tablet can easily slide outta there.

Here's DID electrical page on it, what you should do is buy it with D.I.D then go back to them with Euronics offer and get back double the difference.. Will only work out at €89 then :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2 huneboy

My niece wants one of these 7 inch and wont look at another type just because her friend got one. I've done a bit of research for the cheaper end of tablets and the CnM 9.7 inch in Argos at €179 is fantastic value and a spec better than most, it even has a 2nd camera, a 2mp camera on the back which none of the cheaper tablets have and also a mini HDMI connection. Dont confuse it with the CnM 9 inch for €169 with no 2nd camera and smaller RAM or the Arnova 10.1 inch for €189, both dont come near the 9.7. For me its the closest you will get to an ipad and its exactly the same size too.
    But it looks like I'll have to buy my niece the 7 inch in Supervalu so if anybody has a voucher they dont want I'll buy it off you. Supervalu are still taking the vouchers now. (my branch is churchtown)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,657 ✭✭✭magnumlady

as far as I know the GOCLEVER TAB R75 from Euronics doesnt come with Bluetooth built in and no HDMI (even though the leaflet says it has) but it does look like it has support to take a 3G USB Dongle which seems to be a nice touch - just thought this info might help influence people who want to buy one or not.
    http://goclever.com/goclever_tab_r75#specification

Advertisement