Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How many days can you work on JSA???

Options
  • 18-09-2012 9:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi,

I am just wondering if anyone can give me some advice on working and claiming Job seekers allowance.

I am actively looking for fulltime work, and got a call last week about work for max two weeks. As it turns out this could even be as little as 3 to 4 days work...
    The type of work is in the area I would like to work in and it would be great experience so I really dont want to give up the opportunity.

I dont want to deregister from my allowance because I really depend on it and if the work is only for that little time it hardly seems worth it?

The temp position I would be filling is very flexible and I can work out the hours what ever way to suit me ie. do 2 or 3 days one week and the rest the following week.

Has anyone any idea whether this would be alright ? or how many hours a week you are allowed to do and still claim?

Thanks in advance to any advice,

Regards

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

You may work for a max of 3 days in a week and still claim some JSA for that week.There are forms you need to get in your local welfare office to claim casual JSA.

Advertisement