Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deleted Audio driver.

Options
  • 18-09-2012 12:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭

hi Guys,

I feel a bit stupid but there is no easy way to say it, I'm pretty sure I deleted my audio driver the other day while going through the add/remove program box.
    In the clarity of hindsight I believe I remember deleting a "codec-(something or other )" program. Think that might have been a mistake.

Can you help me get my audio back, please ? :o

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭RUCKING FETARD

Na, you can't delete drivers from there, what are you trying to do that you think you deleted it or what is not working right for ya?

Hit start and type in device manager-->click it and have a look in there for anything with an exclamation mark. Any?

http://www.videolan.org/vlc/index.html will play most vids/songs without having to mess with codecs.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Dunlaffin

Hi Fetard,

There are no sounds coming out of the pc just the Beep, it has no audio when you play a youtube vid etc.

In control Panel it says "no Audio devices installed" No options or dropdowns.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Skatedude

Well, what does it say your audio device is?

Check sounds in control panel and see what your playback device is.
    You may have just deleted a codec which is used for videos etc.

try installing klite codec pack to see.

Photo of Audio device manager.

221080.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭RUCKING FETARD

No exclamation Marks?

Is this a Laptop, make/model? Manufacturers website should have your sound package for download.

Have you restarted since you did this? It may fix itself from a file backup.

Could do a system restore.

Have you tried the 'Add Hardware Wizard', click Start, click Control Panel, and then click Printers and Other Hardware.

It should then pick it up, if not the turn it on and off as the computer should know that there is this piece of hardware (your soundcard) in it and it is not talking to it, which should invoke the above 'Add Hardware Wizard' and should install the associated driver for that card.

If you cannot still get it going, maybe post the model number of your PC.

This is a PC. I have just discovered that system restore has never been activated. :mad: Here's an exclamation mark...

Dunlaffin wrote: »
    This is a PC. I have just discovered that system restore has never been activated. :mad: Here's an exclamation mark...

If you click on the multimedia audio driver and then click install driver. And see will it install, if not post the model number of the PC, ie Packard Bell XXXXXX.

And ill see if I can locate the driver..

Its a Dell Dimension 2350, I'll try the other operation , but I dont think it will work.

If I go into Audio Codecs , there are loads of things listed , dont know what it means though.

• Advertisement

it says no audio device in Sound and Audio device properties.

Go here http://www.dell.com/support/drivers/ie/en/iedhs1/Product/dimension-2350#

and pick audio and you will see only one file there and on the right there is a 'Get this Driver', click on that and once downloaded, click on it and follow the instructions it gives, it will probably ask you to restart the PC once it is installed and fingers crossed it will work.....

Well i did all that and

Yippe kayay ..:D

You beautiful man/ woman/ other... you did it , its fixed. It was the SOUNDMAX, i remember deleting something to do with that. I am a cretin , you are a genius.THanK you !

Live long and prosper.

Dunlaffin wrote: »
    Well i did all that and

Yippe kayay ..:D

You beautiful man/ woman/ other... you did it , its fixed. It was the SOUNDMAX, i remember deleting something to do with that. I am a cretin , you are a genius.THanK you !

Live long and prosper.

Sound :D

NoDrama wrote: »
    Sound :D

And witty to boot ! :cool:

Advertisement