Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HSE Paramedic Training Recruitment

Options
  • 17-09-2012 10:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi guys,

Just finished my EMT course, exams in a few weeks. There have been various rumours regarding the HSE & the possibility that they will be recruiting trainees in Jan. Anybody got any concrete evidence that this may go ahead - an inside track perhaps?? Thanks :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭Bang Bang

Well done on finishing the EMT course craftylady72 and the best of luck with the exams.

I wouldn't pay too much heed to rumours on recruitment because there's never any concrete evidence of recruitment until a week or two prior to the competition being advertised, and with current budget constraints that margin may even be narrower.

My advice would be register with 'careers in health' and publicjobs.ie where you will receive notification when recruitment will take place.
    Keep in mind the education qualification and C1 driving licence requirements.

The best of luck for the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 craftylady72

Bang Bang wrote: »
    Well done on finishing the EMT course craftylady72 and the best of luck with the exams.

I wouldn't pay too much heed to rumours on recruitment because there's never any concrete evidence of recruitment until a week or two prior to the competition being advertised, and with current budget constraints that margin may even be narrower.

My advice would be register with 'careers in health' and publicjobs.ie where you will receive notification when recruitment will take place.
    Keep in mind the education qualification and C1 driving licence requirements.

The best of luck for the future.

Thanks Bang Bang, I've my theory test for C1 on Oct 10 so all underway!!

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭antichrist

The only thing I've heard from the upper echelons of management was 9 months being the earliest a new paramedic class would start in the school, and it was said that's the earliest not the latest. Plus that could be from an existing panel, I'm not sure if the last panel was exhausted.

Thanks Antichrist, I just heard yesterday (during my OSCE exam) that theres rumours the HSE will be recruiting in April...so Ill just plough on & stay hopefull!! Ive my C driving test in December so all going well Ill be good to go in a few weeks! Thanks again!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,991 ✭✭✭✭flazio

The word 'rumour' should be shot down in flames. It does us potential ambulance workers no favours whatsoever.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭antichrist

flazio wrote: »
    The word 'rumour' should be shot down in flames. It does us potential ambulance workers no favours whatsoever.

True, but just wanted to shed whatever light I could in the subject. Wouldn't like to hear people were waiting for something that may be up to a year away.
    Working in the job for years now......if I hear anything concrete I'll share, what I posted came up in conversation with senior management 2 weeks ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭Thepredator

antichrist wrote: »
    The only thing I've heard from the upper echelons of management was 9 months being the earliest a new paramedic class would start in the school, and it was said that's the earliest not the latest. Plus that could be from an existing panel, I'm not sure if the last panel was exhausted.

There's one more class to come from the existing panel, might commence in late Jan or Feb.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 morganj2

antichrist wrote: »

Hi antichrist,do you think they will be advertising for trainee paramedics or ICO,s as I would prefer to apply for the trainee paramedic as I suppose it may take years to get to the other from ICO,s?

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Papp9

From what I have heard the last panel was 2 years old in August just gone so it was either extended, or they will advertise in the new year, who knows?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 663 ✭✭✭FairytaleGirl

Quick question,

Do you have to be EMT qualified before you can apply to training?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭sjb25

Quick question,

Do you have to be EMT qualified before you can apply to training?
    No you don't need to be if you have a science subject in you're leaving if you don't have science subject then afaik phecc Emt cert will b accepted instead but I'm sure it would show interest in the area for interviews etc so you need leaveing cert with science subject and c1 driving liecence and d1 within a certain time I'm sure somebody will have exact time or correct me if I'm wrong hope helps a bit

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Mkav 13

Lads, reckon i fuked interview up. Caught on à feb questions. Any1 no the exact scoring method in interview.?

No idea Im afraid, Where did you think you messed up?

Advertisement