Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

squash shoes

Options
  • 17-09-2012 5:35pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭

do I need special shoes for squash? I remember when I played it as a child I had to get new runners for it so they wouldn't mark the court. the runners I have atm don't have black soles so.. should they be ok or should I make sure to get some proper court runners?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭dizzyg

If they don't have black soles you should be ok, but if you were going to play more regularly I'd recommend getting some proper non-marking court shoes. They won't mark the courts, they have better support and they have better grip.
    Also, using shoes that you wear outside, brings dirt onto the court, which then gets ground into the wooden floor, making it slippery over time.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

hrm

well im just going to be doing 2 games a week with some friends to start.. but I did enjoy it when i was younger so I'll hopefully get back into it.. and maybe in a couple of weeks will splash out on a decent set of court shoes when i can afford them.
    for the time being I'll give my shoes a bit of a wipe before I go onto the court :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 734 ✭✭✭abceire

Do any new shoes mark the courts? My nike running runners have black and yellow soles and they don't mark the courts.

Advertisement