Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DSL Disconnects; Router always has to be rebooted

Options
  • 17-09-2012 1:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭

About daily, no particular time, DSL loses IP address, and stays that way; Then the Eircom router has to be rebooted, only then it re-establishes a connection. Sometimes more often than daily.

All usual stuff checked. Eircom technician came out, couldn't blame anything on the wiring (Would have liked to though) Direct wired, no split, no phone connected. Suggested getting the line speed reduced; but no fix, Still the same problem, no solution.

How can I get a router that does NOT need to be rebooted, or that I can set to reboot daily automatically? Or any other solution?

Zyxel P-660-HW-T1 v3 firmware V3.70(BOE.4) D0 08/23/2010.
    Router at the moment is in the problem contition and shows
    Disconnected;
    DSL Mode ADSL_G.MT ;
    Speed 3232kbps/512kbps;
    Line Attenuation (Down/up) 43 dB/21 dB ;
    DSL noise margin 24 dB/ 19 dB ;
    Wan IP address 0.0.0.0 Default gateway 0.0.0.0

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭eircom: Ant

andublin wrote: »
    About daily, no particular time, DSL loses IP address, and stays that way; Then the Eircom router has to be rebooted, only then it re-establishes a connection. Sometimes more often than daily.

All usual stuff checked. Eircom technician came out, couldn't blame anything on the wiring (Would have liked to though) Direct wired, no split, no phone connected. Suggested getting the line speed reduced; but no fix, Still the same problem, no solution.

How can I get a router that does NOT need to be rebooted, or that I can set to reboot daily automatically? Or any other solution?

Disconnected;
    DSL Mode ADSL_G.MT ;
    Speed 3232kbps/512kbps;

Thanks in advance.

Hi andublin

Can you PM me your telephone/account number so I can run some direct checks on the broadband/ modem?

Thanks
    Linda

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭eircom: James

Disconnected;
    DSL Mode ADSL_G.MT ;
    Speed 3232kbps/512kbps;

Thanks in advance.

Hi andublin,

Thanks for trying some of the basic troubleshooting before posting, this should speed up the process for you. From what you say above and looking at the details from the modem there are a few things I can tell you. Firstly, the line attenuation and noise margin are well within the acceptable limits.

One thing that could be the cause of the problem is the firmware on the modem. This is an older version and can cause issues with IPV6 tunnelling. Tech support can log into the modem remotely and upgrade this for you. Call them on 1890 260 260 and try this and if there's no improvement you can either allow them look into it in more detail or alternatively PM me the details here and I'll check it with them.

Regards

James

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Theres your problem. Changing from the Netopia to the Zyxel was the biggest mistake Eircom made.

Advertisement