Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone still on an 'IOL.IE' email address??

Options
  • 17-09-2012 1:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭

Hi all

Just renewing my iol.ie subscriptions by BT Ireland and am considering moving away fro same BUT don't know the consequences!!

My Company have paid it in the past but with a new job now - the cost to me is over €300 pa. And it seems that BT don't maintain this domain any more and so no new emails allowed to be added etc. So....seems expensive just to run 1-2 emails!!

Anyone else still with them???? If I leave ..can I get my iol.ie emaisl directed to say my gmail address???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭sf80

I think that would be unlikely. They would need to maintain some type of account or records to redirect mails to a different address, why would they do that for someone who is no longer a customer?

Paying for email accounts these days seems mad...for €300 you could rent a virtual server and register your own domain for a year.

Register your own domain and host it for free with Google for your domain :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭redman

Has anyone been in touch with BT lately in relation to the IOL email addresses?
    Any time line on end of support or a way to adjust passwords etc...?

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

I still have and use my old iol.ie email adress. I dont pay a cent for it either :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭Torqay

Tea_Bag wrote: »
    I still have and use my old iol.ie email adress. I dont pay a cent for it either :confused:

Same here, valued IOL Gold customer without ever having paid a penny. ;)

The account came bundled with an Information Age computer some 15 yrs ago (1 yr free, choice between Telecom Eireann and IOL)

• Advertisement

they came back quickly to me following an email in and directed me to ring tech support ...so no online method anymore

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭Dude111

Looks like a nice server!

I tried to register and got an error when i was done filling out the form..... (Server error)

Advertisement