Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

netflix laptop to tv sound ?

Options
  • 17-09-2012 12:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

I recently signed up to netflix and whilst I can view on my laptop ok when I connected to a tv with a hdmi and also with a vga I did not get any sound on the tv speakers. The picture quality is fine and the sound on the laptop is also fine. Any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

A basic 3.5mm jack to RCA cable will do the trick. Plugs into the headphone / Line Out jack in your laptop to the back of the TV.
    o_pc_audio_rca_cable_01.jpg

Can pick one up handily enough in a PC shop or get it on Ebay / Amazon for next to nothing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Vga doesn't carry sound but HDMI should. Right click on the sound icon in the tray and select playback devices, is HDMI listed there? Is it enabled when you plug it in?

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭-( i )- Wicker

When I connect to a tv via hdmi through a laptop, i need to re-open the web browser after I make the connection or the sound continues to come through the laptop. So try opening the web browser after you connect the hdmi.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,901 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Windows Vista required you to reboot whatever program you were running when you switched audio devices to get the audio to switch. XP I don't think had this feature at all except for the 3.5mm jack but that was more of an analog bypass that had nothing to do with the software. In windows 7, most things will switch between audio devices on the fly, the exceptions I run into are typically video games that prefer to be relaunched.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭InvisibleBadger

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    Vga doesn't carry sound but HDMI should. Right click on the sound icon in the tray and select playback devices, is HDMI listed there? Is it enabled when you plug it in?

This is what i had to do to play Netflix on my tv through my laptop.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 jomarbus

I'v sorted the problem by opening the speaker icon on the laptop and finding the "sony" speakers there I then selected them and that worked. Thanks for all the suggestions.

Advertisement