Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Q regarding Rent Allowance

Options
  • 17-09-2012 12:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭

Hi everyone

I finally got a letter off the council to say I am on the housing list and I want to apply for rent allowance now.

The problem is I have to move out of the house I'm in now and look for a place to live. So I will be contacting estate agents to find a place.

The problem is, in order for me to apply for rent allowance I need an address. Would an estate agent sign the rent allowance form in order for me to apply for the rent allowance?
    I'm not sure how this works.

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

Hi everyone

I finally got a letter off the council to say I am on the housing list and I want to apply for rent allowance now.

The problem is I have to move out of the house I'm in now and look for a place to live. So I will be contacting estate agents to find a place.

The problem is, in order for me to apply for rent allowance I need an address. Would an estate agent sign the rent allowance form in order for me to apply for the rent allowance?
    I'm not sure how this works.

Thanks
    If the estate agent is acting as the landlords agent he will be able to sign the form.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Penny77

i received a letter recently saying im on the list. I think my chances are low of being offered as i'm actually earning a small bit of money self emplyed on the back to work scheme.
    I wonder how do I find out the likelihood of being offered something?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Just apply and see what they say. Everything to gain, nothing to lose.

Advertisement