Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

best option

Options
  • 17-09-2012 12:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

hi,my husband is working full time and his wages is about 1900e per month,we have 2 children,so we are getting FIS,but this payment will be for renew in october,so, i am thinking maybe better i will go on JA(now i am singing for credits once a year) not Fis, i know that JA is means tested,but how much i can expect if DH wages is 1900e p/m,we are renting house 550e.
    thanks for any advise.

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

A rough guide.Take your husband's weekly take home pay-subtract €60 now get 60% of what's left this will be your means(aprox). The max payment for a couple with 2 children is €372.40.If the means figure you have is less than 372.40 you will get the difference.(I think you may be better off on FIS)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 kruram

mp22 wrote: »
    A rough guide.Take your husband's weekly take home pay-subtract €60 now get 60% of what's left this will be your means(aprox). The max payment for a couple with 2 children is €372.40.If the means figure you have is less than 372.40 you will get the difference.(I think you may be better off on FIS)

thanks,
    i calculated and it will be better to go on JA.
    but just wondering its allowed to go from credited credits to JA,(before i was on JB,but then finish and Fis was better for us).

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

kruram wrote: »
    thanks,
    i calculated and it will be better to go on JA.
    but just wondering its allowed to go from credited credits to JA,(before i was on JB,but then finish and Fis was better for us).

I think that you can only sign for credits when you are not entitled to a social welfare payment for yourself.(not 100%)

As for the difference between JSA and FIS,I reckon on JSA you would get less than €10 and fis aprox €100.

mp22 wrote: »
    I think that you can only sign for credits when you are not entitled to a social welfare payment for yourself.(not 100%)

As for the difference between JSA and FIS,I reckon on JSA you would get less than €10 and fis aprox €100.

why on JSA only less than 10e?
    i calculated: 1832e /4= 458e weekly wages
    458-60= 398
    398*60%=238.8
    so 372.4-238.8= 133.6 e would be my JSA payment?or i am calculated something wrong?

kruram wrote: »
    why on JSA only less than 10e?
    i calculated: 1832e /4= 458e weekly wages
    458-60= 398
    398*60%=238.8
    so 372.4-238.8= 133.6 e would be my JSA payment?or i am calculated something wrong?
    No I did:o sorry

• Advertisement

thanks anyway!now i know what will be better for us,because last year i didnt know how to calculate ,and we ask in information what will be better for us,because DH wages then was less than now,but information office didnt help us too much,so we apply for fis,if i knew this -than would go straight to JSA,because it would be bigger than fis.but what we can do,this year we will be smarter :) so
    thank you!

Advertisement