Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Volunteering Positions

Options
  • 17-09-2012 11:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Hi,
    I am interested in getting into volunteering. I work full time but I would be able to help out a few evenings a week or at the weekends.
    I have found lately that I have spare time on my hands and I would like to make good use of my spare time by helping other people. I don't know much about volunterring or how to go about or where to start.
    I was thinking I would like to volunteer my time listening to people as in taking calls for the likes of Aware or ISPCC or helping out in homeless shelters or something similar.

Can anyone provide me with any information how I would go about doing this, or where would a good place to start be? I have no previous experence so I don't know if this will go against me,

Thanks for any tips or advice, :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

A good place to start is www.volunteer.ie

Just put in your area and it will direct you to a list of options locally. You need to set up a profile to apply for any of the positions, you could try calling the likes of Childline etc but afaik they only do training once or twice a year so you might have to wait for the next round of interviews.

You can also just go to the websites of any charity you might like to help out with and they probably will have a section for volunteers.

Best of luck, I do similar volunteering myself and its wonderful.

Advertisement