Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Faxing application to GRO

Options
  • 17-09-2012 10:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭

When faxing to the GRO do you just download the form, fill it in, scan it back into the computer and then fax it off, I'm looking at trying to send faxes from my computer and if I could just fill out one application form and keep it on file then send it off when I need to it would be great because I tend to forget to post off applications!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭shanew

I've never tried the faxing option, but presume they would be ok with the same forms.

I fill out the basic details on the order form - i.e. name, address, Credit card etc, add a note that I would like research certs and attach a separate page with the Index references for the certs.

Most recent order by post took about 6 days, including a weekend.

Shane

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,631 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

I do the faxing option because I have easy access to one at work.
    I fill out one form with all the details I have and if I need more than one cert, I attach a cover note with the index references I'm looking for.

Incidentally, you can knock off €2 if you do send the correct reference, back to the €4 they charge in the reading room. This also applies for getting properly certified records, I expected to be charged €10 for getting an American cousin's birth cert but was charged €8.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭dido2

Thanks Shanew and Pinky

I normally only get charged the €4 per cert anyway, but I think i'll try it to see if I can manage it because often I could be weeks trying to get the forms printed, into an envelope and into the post box!

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭Coolnabacky1873

I never bother with the official application form. I just send the relevant info via letter and the certs have always arrived.

Advertisement