Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sereno to announce very first "digging raptor"!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

That picture had me thinking it was a truly gigantic digging raptor for a moment! :eek:

Man I'd love to attend some of those lectures.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 5,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭Adam Khor

It seems that Sereno considers the "digging raptor" to be his strangest find to date, and he says that it was "a predator that pursued prey by digging them out of their burrows".

Oh c´mon! Announce this already!!! :eek:

I'm really looking forward to the announcement. I wonder what it will look like and how they extrapolated that it was a digger.

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭Ziphius

Adam Khor wrote: »
    It seems that Sereno considers the "digging raptor" to be his strangest find to date, and he says that it was "a predator that pursued prey by digging them out of their burrows".

Oh c´mon! Announce this already!!! :eek:

Any news? It's been two days already.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 5,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭Adam Khor

Ziphius wrote: »
    Any news? It's been two days already.

Not yet :( And the tension is killing me...

• Advertisement

Keep tuned, people, apparently the "digging raptor" will be announced very soon.
    Also, it's not actually a raptor, but a noasaurid, the most complete found to date. Apparently, Sereno also says new Spinosaurus remains have been found which will once and for all show what it looked like and confirm it as the biggest theropod known.

No name or official release yet but here's this animation that shows both what the new dino looks like AND its suggested arm range of motion and digging technique.

http://vimeo.com/37929313

Very interesting :B

Imagine that creepy thing coming down the tunnels after you! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,551 ✭✭✭Rubecula

Galvasean wrote: »
    Imagine that creepy thing coming down the tunnels after you! :eek:

Or coming out of them after you :eek:

A bit like a 6' trapdoor spider

This thread needs more :eek:

• Advertisement