Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Importing Car from UK

Options
  • 17-09-2012 1:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭

Hi there!

I'm planning to import a car from the UK (VW Golf) and as I'd like to drive it back to Ireland is there any difficulty in changing over the details of my current policy?

If so - Is it possible to switch back to my current car once it's back in Ireland as I'll be leaving it for a few days at my brother's house. I'll then be switching it over permanently once and for all.

Hope you can help.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Liberty Insurance: Clare

Hi FGR,

It's no problem to change the cover to the new car providing it meets our normal underwriting criteria.

There are a couple of options which may suit here. You may wish to complete a normal change of vehicle and then change back again when you return.

Alternatively, you may wish to complete a temporary substitution of the car on your policy. Either way, there will only be cover on one car at a time.

I'd suggest giving us a call on 1890 89 1890 with the car details before you go to pick it up so we can look at both options for you and advise if there is any charge involved. If you are calling from the UK, the phone number to use is 00353 4943 24000.

Thanks and I hope this helps.

Regards,
    Clare

Advertisement