Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netbook or Tablet for mostly internet / emails?

Options
  • 16-09-2012 11:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭

Hi

Can someone help me decide wheither to buy my wife a netbook or tablet?

She really only uses my laptop for the internet / facebook / occasional emails. She would not do a huge amount of typing, but she is used to using a normal sized laptop so i dont know, would she get used to using a tablet?.

I can only really afford around 250 euro's so i was looking at a couple of netbooks (HP Mini 110 10.1 Inch or Asus X101 10.1 Inch 320GB 1.6GH) or would the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 8GB be considered a more impressive gift?

can anyone recomend any of these for the basic things i've mentioned, but also would we be able to use realplayer on any of them and connect any of these to a tv, via a hdmi or vga cable?

Thanks in advance for any help, it's for our anniversary in a couple of weeks (but will also stop her using my work laptop :) )

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,006 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

D-FENS wrote: »
    Hi

Can someone help me decide wheither to buy my wife a netbook or tablet?

She really only uses my laptop for the internet / facebook / occasional emails. She would not do a huge amount of typing, but she is used to using a normal sized laptop so i dont know, would she get used to using a tablet?.

I can only really afford around 250 euro's so i was looking at a couple of netbooks (HP Mini 110 10.1 Inch or Asus X101 10.1 Inch 320GB 1.6GH) or would the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 8GB be considered a more impressive gift?

can anyone recomend any of these for the basic things i've mentioned, but also would we be able to use realplayer on any of them and connect any of these to a tv, via a hdmi or vga cable?

Thanks in advance for any help, it's for our anniversary in a couple of weeks (but will also stop her using my work laptop :) )

If she needs real player then (afaik) no tablets out there support the browser plugin, so it would want to be the netbook if real playback is neccesary. Tbh for typing a hard keyboard will beat a soft keyboard any day, grand for basic web browsing but more than that and the netbook would be my choice.

Nick

Advertisement