Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buy comics in Ireland

Options
  • 16-09-2012 6:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭

Is there anywhere in Ireland you can buy old comics from the 1970's like The Wizard and The Hornet

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Thwip!

Is there anywhere in Ireland you can buy old comics from the 1970's like The Wizard and The Hornet
    There is a retro shop in Carlow that has a selection of older comics for four euro a piece or 3 for a tenner

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭winsumlusum

jpcarlow wrote: »
    There is a retro shop in Carlow that has a selection of older comics for four euro a piece or 3 for a tenner
    do you know the name of it?

do you know the name of it?
    retro pop up, if you type that into facebook it should come up

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭winsumlusum

jpcarlow wrote: »
    retro pop up, if you type that into facebook it should come up
    found it but was not sure thanks;)

found it but was not sure thanks;)
    no problem, it's where i've picked up most of my collection

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28 darapixie

There was a Irish website for back catalogue comics launched this year:

www.ht-comics.com

They are opening a shop in Maynooth in the coming week too and are at the Dublin Comic Mart each month.

Hope this helps :)

darapixie wrote: »

www.ht-comics.com

They are opening a shop in Maynooth in the coming week too and are at the Dublin Comic Mart each month.

In maynooth? I must consult my forumites

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭Lyaiera

darapixie wrote: »

www.ht-comics.com

I looked up four titles of things I wouldn't mind picking to give to friends and get them reading them, and they didn't even have a single issue of any of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 darapixie

Lyaiera wrote: »
    I looked up four titles of things I wouldn't mind picking to give to friends and get them reading them, and they didn't even have a single issue of any of them.

It depends on what you are looking for. On the website its all back catalogue with most of the comics being from the 80's, 90's and early 00's. From what I have heard he only has a part of the BC on the site, you can email him with the titles you are looking for and if he has it you can order. When the shop opens you will be able to order new current comics too. For me it will save me a trip into town with it being in Maynooth.

OP there's a comic mart in the Central Hotel on Exchequer street this saturday from 10....offers like 20 for a tenner in it. Should hit it up

• Advertisement
Advertisement