Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unable to get any flavour.

Options
  • 16-09-2012 5:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭

Hi guys, Hoping I can get some help here, I'm a long time lurker and have recently purchased my gear from the reviews here on the forums.

I purcahsed the Ego-t 510 in order to try and give up smoking. I purchased some RY-4 because of the reviews on here, saying it was lovely. I tried it, and found it to have a slightly sweet, nutty flavour. This hadn't the 'hit' that I got from a normal cig so had a look around the forums and discovered the "cigarrillos Naturales", which was supposed to have a real smokey, ashtry type taste, which is exactly what I was looking for. So I got the bottle in the post, cleaned out my atty, and tried it out. No difference, still same slightly sweet, weak taste. I'm wondering now if I got any flavour at all from the RY-4, or was it just the taste of the 'smoke'. I know that it's the Cigarrillos I'm vaping as the smoke is thicker and the nicotine hit from it is overpowering.

I suppose my question is, am I immune to getting any flavour from vaping? It's not working for me as I keep wanting the taste of a real cig and neither of the two I've tried seem to have any flavour. Has anyone else experienced this problem? Is my Ego faulty (I asssume it isn't as it's giving out plenty of smoke)?

Has anyone had a similar experience or know of someone that has?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

It takes a while for your taste and smell to come back, three weeks for me, three months for others.
    Exhaling through the nose is where most of the flavours come from, if you're not already doing it, and juice-wise, the Cigarillos is much more subtle than El Toro's Virginia Prime - really nice whack off that.
    ESI should have the pre-steeped version soon, I presume. They have the liquid & leaves version at the moment, which is a bargain for the price.

Edit: Those eGo-Ts subdue flavours as well. Pick up a Vivi Nova or a Kanger T2 or KR510.
    A friend's using a KR510 on a 901 battery, and it's doling out a really nice taste.

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭jamie72

I don't have the cash to buy more gear unfortunatly, thanks for the nose suggestion though, will try it later. Anyone else got any other tips?

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭stuff.hunter

hi, grindle's suggestion about kr510 is spot on, got a few of those for a 'test' and have to say these are great (and cheap aswell, on e-smokeireland.eu 2.75e only), try also El Toro Puros 24 if you like strong taste or Liqua Frehch Pipe, both are great

Hi guys,

I'm confused with what I'm looking at here. Does the KR510 just screw on to the battery or what? How does it work?

Yeah, it screws onto the battery, you pop the top mouth-piece off to fill it, give it a minute or two to soak the wick, and vape away.

It has a little chamber to catch condensation which you can tip back in once it fills up a bit (just a drop or two, but waste not what not).

• Advertisement

I really like the look of this, mainly because I bought some sweet vapors to try and changing attys with my current set up is a pain in the arse. Going to order five of them now and I'll update you guys when I use them, let you know if it works or not.

'but waste not what not' is completely wrong :p

I don't believe this, out of stock on e-smoke... Anyone know of another supplier that stocks them?

From the UK, here, but for that price, even for two, once postage is added you'd be better off sliding up the scale and ordering the Kanger T2 from ESI. Same concept, larger tank, and it's only €5.50.
    The replacement heads are pretty cheap for that as well, €2.
    jamie72 wrote: »
    'but waste not what not' is completely wrong :p

But, but... 2 drops! That's 1/10 of a ml! That's about 4 cent saved!!!!! What are you, a gazillionaire?!?

I was going to go with the Kanger T2, but you never mentioned them in your comment so I thought they weren't as good. I'll order some now, the extra space means a lot to me as I have shakey hands and filling them is difficult.

What I meant was 'waste not what not' doesn't make any sense. I can't even begin to try and figure out what that would mean!

I was going to go with the Kanger T2, but you never mentioned them in your comment so I thought they weren't as good. I'll order some now, the extra space means a lot to me as I have shakey hands and filling them is difficult.
    grindle wrote: »
    Pick up a Vivi Nova or a Kanger T2 or KR510.
    Extremely smug look on my face. I'm such a knob! :pac: :(

The space to get liquid into the KR510 is pretty small though, so I'm glad it turned up out of stock if you have shaky hands, it's a little fiddly.
    What I meant was 'waste not what not' doesn't make any sense. I can't even begin to try and figure out what that would mean!
    Well, when you become as stingy a vaper person as I am, you'll not waste a single drop of juice.
    The T2 doesn't have that issue with condensation though, so you're safe from that scourge.

If you really start pinching pennies, or want to get the most from the T2, you can rebuild it with wick and wire. This'll bring the cost of replacement heads from 2 quid to a few cents, though there is a learning curve.
    Once you have it down you can rebuild within 5 minutes, although you might not want the bother or want to get into the technical side of things.

Let us know how you get on with it anyways!

• Advertisement

Sorry, I got mixed up between yourself and 'stuff.hunter'.

Please say 'waste not what not' out loud. Tell me what that's supposed to mean exactly?! It sounds like something Rickey from trailer park boys would say :p.

Sorry, I got mixed up between yourself and 'stuff.hunter'.

Please say 'waste not what not' out loud. Tell me what that's supposed to mean exactly?! It sounds like something Rickey from trailer park boys would say :p.
    Pizzflaps. It's "Waste not, want not." ("If you don't waste things, you are less likely to end up lacking.").

If I'm gonna play pedantic, I should do it properly! :D
    I'm Ricky from TPB... :(

Oh well, no better time I suppose...
    *prepares noose*

Ha. Thanks again for the info. It'll probably be Wednesday before I get to try these things, I'll update this thread. I really don't know if it'll work, i'm getting nothing at all from the standard ego attys, maybe my taste buds are just too damaged...

Taste'll come back, don't worry, and lack of taste is the 2nd most common complaint with the eGo tanks, you're in fine company.
    Try not to cane any single juice for too long - after a week of one liquid you'll stop tasting it altogether.
    Keep switching it up and you'll be fine.

Nose exhale! Niiiice and sloooow. Mmmm.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭unblvlblkult

Lol @ Thread!! :D

@Jamie I also find cigarillos flavour very muted (vivi nova mini) so I tried direct dripping it using a 306 Low Resistance atomizer on my ego-t battery and there is a marked improvement in flavour. My only problem with the dripping is the inconsistency of the vape (i.e. wet atty versus drying out atty) and the need to keep dripping (can only drip in enough for a "smoke" at a time...not so great for on the move)

Drippings not for me for various reasons. Your comment worries me though that I'm going to get no where with the cigarillos. I'm assuming the vivi is a better job then what I ordered?

On another note, how the hell are you supposed to use the dripper that comes with the cigarillos?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

the white plastic insert?

you use it by taking it out of the bottle and throwing it in the bin, it's only there to prevent leakage in transport

Hahaha. I was trying to use it as a dripper. You think it would come in useful bottles, like every other liquid.

I'm assuming the vivi is a better job then what I ordered?
    From another thread (about the T2).
    Anyone thinking of trying the Vivi Nova or the eGo Vision should give these a go!

Just got one and filled it and it gives a fantastic flavour. None of that crappy wick taste of the Vivi Nova at all. Excellent flavour.

Actually easier than the other to fill too, not that they were difficult.

Most importantly, it has 2 x dedicated airholes on the collar so no tight draws any more.

Great vapour too.

The build is strong as well.

Actually, it's a pretty damn good option and better than the Vivi and Vision in my opinion!

...the KR510 I tried, both on a 901 battery and with a VV device, was at least as good/tasty as the stock Vivi heads, but a little less well built than either the T2 or the Vivi (no threads, thin plastic to remain flush with cigalike devices).

I suppose the main plus the Vivi has over the T2 is that you can stick your own drip-tip in.
    Not really a big deal unless you like chewing your ecig.

Thanks for the quote and being so helpful in general!

Just discovered I fecked up my order, and although I received a confirmation from e-smoke, I didn't actually pay, so had to order again. Another day of waiting. It's head wrecking, I really want to see if this is going to work or not.

Edit:
    Here's a link confirming what you are saying about the T2.

• Advertisement

Just discovered I fecked up my order, and although I received a confirmation from e-smoke, I didn't actually pay, so had to order again. Another day of waiting. It's head wrecking, I really want to see if this is going to work or not.

What a dose!

When you do get it, you might find that it's a little muted to start off, or that there's an underlying taste or twang you can't put your finger on...
    New coils can taste that way, just takes a couple of hours to break in, or 2-3 quick dry-burns if you're impatient (flashing the coil just until it's red, any longer and SNAP, leave it cool a couple seconds, do that a couple more times).
    Tipping and swishing are also gonna be your new best friends, get used to them.

I'll definitely be mad to get the proper vapor from these when I get them, so I'll try the 'dry burn' method. I actually bought three, for trying different vapors. The coils are replaceable and only 2 euro each anyway, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭sept09baby

They're great little devices and for the money you can't go wrong. Great flavour and throat hit off them and so easy to use. Would def try changing between flavours. Something sweet or sharp can be great for resetting your taste buds

I got RY-4 originally, and when I couldn't get a hit off that, I bought the cigerallos, along with orange ice pop, because it sounded lovely! The great guys at E-smoke Ireland threw in some New York cheese cake for free as well.

So:
    RY-4
    Cigerillos
    Orange ice pop
    New York cheese cake

All that and I haven't actually managed to start vaping yet!

Flying along now with the T2, Nics a bit strong in the El Toro, but vaping nicely. Still tates too sweet, but at least I can taste something now and get a good hit from it.

Thanks!

Glad you like it. Not sure what to say about the sweetness, it's the nature of the ingredients (PG is sweet, VG is very sweet, unburnt tobacco...bitter-sweet).
    Try licking burnt toast between vapes?

Advertisement