Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Rumble in Dublin - boxing back in the capital, November 3, Basketball Arena

Options
  • 16-09-2012 3:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭

http://www.rte.ie/sport/boxing/2012/0914/337590-big-bang-casey-set-for-rumble-in-dublin/

Willie Casey and Anthony Fitzgerald in title fight.

Should also feature - Stephen Reynolds, Brendan Fitzpatrick, Christina McMahon, Anthony Cacace, Joe Hillerby, Robbie Long, Ray Ginley, Mark Ginley, John Waldron, Michael Waldron, Noel O'Brien and others.

Ticket prices only 35e for ringside and 25e for general admission so I would hope that its a sell out at those prices especially as we havent seen any pro boxing in Dublin for over a year.

Thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

for 25 euro i might head in to see this, could be a good night out..

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭barney4001

http://www.rte.ie/sport/boxing/2012/0914/337590-big-bang-casey-set-for-rumble-in-dublin/

Willie Casey and Anthony Fitzgerald in title fight.

Should also feature - Stephen Reynolds, Brendan Fitzpatrick, Christina McMahon, Anthony Cacace, Joe Hillerby, Robbie Long, Ray Ginley, Mark Ginley, John Waldron, Michael Waldron, Noel O'Brien and others.

Ticket prices only 35e for ringside and 25e for general admission so I would hope that its a sell out at those prices especially as we havent seen any pro boxing in Dublin for over a year.

Thoughts?

At those prices it should be closed doors early

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭slapbangwallop

Well if you need tickets just let me know because I will be selling an allocation with no service charge or any of that ould s****!

glad there has been a positive response. Should have some of the match-ups for you soon - but some listed will be fighting each other and not all "Prospect vs Latvian" stuff that turned a lot of people off.

'Rumble In Dublin' Promo - National Basketball Arena, Tallaght on November 3rd

• Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭endswell

good tiered seating in the arena too is a bonus

• Advertisement

Stephen Reynolds confirmed on the bill!

BLOCK’N'ROLL : REYNOLDS RETURN ON ‘RUMBLE IN DUBLIN’ BILL

http://www.boxing-ireland.com/news/blocknroll-reynolds-return-on-rumble-in-dublin-bill/

150530_4469620414280_1453031946_n.jpg

Ray Ginley and John Waldron at Rumble in Dublin press conference

Weigh in for this bill is today at 1 at the Plaza Hotel in Tallaght.

Open to the public. This bill needs your support guys.

Here is the video of the weigh in. You can pay on the door and tickets all only from 25 euros to get your arse down there and support Irish boxing or there might not be another show in Dublin for a long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,002 ✭✭✭colly10

Good night of boxing, hopefully they got enough in the door to encourage them to do another show.

I thought Reynolds in particular was brilliant to watch, nice head movement and cracking body shots

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭callmekenneth

i was at this on saturday. it was a great night, well run, the fights came fast and furious and all of them exciting to watch.

however there was one massive disappointment, the only (men's) fight to go the distance, robbie long v joe hillerby, this was one of the highlights up until the judges' decision. robbie long dominated throughout, he was the only one moving forward, he looked to be the only one landing any blow, and land blows he did, joe hillerby spent the 8 rounds ducking and dodging and clenching. hillerby would throw a right, harmlessly glance of long's guard them immediately lean in and clinch, it was very negative to watch but this was tempered by long's aggression and stike success, hillerby really didnt look like he was enjoying himself.

when the final belt rang it was announced a score of 77-75 (which seemed outrageously close) but then victory was awarded to hillerby. to be honest it was disgusting, it felt like a cheat, the sort of rigged result you'd expect to find in las vegas, i dont know how they could have awarded the fight to hillerby, the crowd were in shock, as was long no doubt, it left a sour taste in the mouth after what otherwise was a great night.

i was at this on saturday. it was a great night, well run, the fights came fast and furious and all of them exciting to watch.

however there was one massive disappointment, the only (men's) fight to go the distance, robbie long v joe hillerby, this was one of the highlights up until the judges' decision. robbie long dominated throughout, he was the only one moving forward, he looked to be the only one landing any blow, and land blows he did, joe hillerby spent the 8 rounds ducking and dodging and clenching. hillerby would throw a right, harmlessly glance of long's guard them immediately lean in and clinch, it was very negative to watch but this was tempered by long's aggression and stike success, hillerby really didnt look like he was enjoying himself.

when the final belt rang it was announced a score of 77-75 (which seemed outrageously close) but then victory was awarded to hillerby. to be honest it was disgusting, it felt like a cheat, the sort of rigged result you'd expect to find in las vegas, i dont know how they could have awarded the fight to hillerby, the crowd were in shock, as was long no doubt, it left a sour taste in the mouth after what otherwise was a great night.

I gave it to Robbie, the guy beside me gave it to Joe. Personally for me Joe was the better of the 2 to watch. Long did alot of work and when he landed he did land the bigger shots. Alot of the work was sloppy though or wasn't landing.
    Joe was throwing little but landing more of what he did through, the crowd was very pro Long though so the shots weren't getting the same reaction.
    I would need to see it again and score the rounds but from what I remember I wouldn't call a robbery. Some of the crowd were in shock, they were a very much a pro long crowd though

People are impressed by different things as are judges, you seen it as a highlight of the night till the decision, I seen it as the worst fight of the night

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭callmekenneth

colly10 wrote: »
    I gave it to Robbie, the guy beside me gave it to Joe. Personally for me Joe was the better of the 2 to watch. Long did alot of work and when he landed he did land the bigger shots. Alot of the work was sloppy though or wasn't landing.
    Joe was throwing little but landing more of what he did through, the crowd was very pro Long though so the shots weren't getting the same reaction.
    I would need to see it again and score the rounds but from what I remember I wouldn't call a robbery. Some of the crowd were in shock, they were a very much a pro long crowd though

People are impressed by different things as are judges, you seen it as a highlight of the night till the decision, I seen it as the worst fight of the night

interesting, joe looked to be inteent in holding on in a clench more than fighting, person i was with saw it the same way, i definitely saw Long as the aggressor and landing the more shots, comign up from dundalk i didnt have a favourite in any of the fights so i wasnt rooting one way or the other.

i'd like to watch it again and hear commentary from an expert, there's obviously a lot i didnt see. apart from christine i think this is the only fight that went the distance?

ray ginley impressed me most on the night

Ye, Long was definitely the agressor in the fight, Joe was mostly waiting and looking to catch him on the way in. He wasn't really interested in doing anything on the inside when Long did get in though and just tied him up

Advertisement