Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What catagory does FETAC level 5 go in on a BTEA form??

Options
  • 16-09-2012 1:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭

It's at a secondary school (second level), but not sure whether to mark Second Level or Third Level Foundation or Access in the 'What is the course' box. :o

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭confuseddotcom

I actually put mine as Second Level lol! I only saw Second-Level and Third-Level and as it's not quite Third-Level so I plumped for the Second-Level option and just hand-wrote in FETAC.

There is an actual Course called Access - I think it's a 1-Year Course, basically a Refresher Course aimed at people who have been out of education for a long time, to get back into the mode of going back to College and studying, and give ya an idea of modules such as Communications and learning about Assignments, stuff that ya would be actually doing in College and bits n' pieces on how to go about doing projects and things, lots of projects!

Then there are Access "routes" to access Third-Level education - don't know a lot about them, but there are a few routes to College for Nursing Courses and I think there's another Access Course in Mathematics for potential Students wanting to get into Science. Then ya have something called ACCS which is probably pronounced as Access lol, which involves some way of taking up Degree Modules on a singular basis to complete your Degree or something like that. They really need to re-name half those things!!

It's like Second-Level, then futile random FETAC then Third-Level! :rolleyes: Maybe they should name it Second-and-a-half-Level!! :pac: Oohhhhhh don't me get started on FETAC. I suppose it's Foundation Level really. They are all at Foundation Level really all those Access things.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

probably best not to tick,put fetac on your form as much as possible and then write a comment on the comment space.

Advertisement