Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Looking to get a car

Options
  • 16-09-2012 10:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hi guys,

Looking to get a car, budget is up to €1200, and my only other requirement is at least a 1.4 engine, 1.2 at a stretch.

Any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Mar4ix

crisscross wrote: »
    Hi guys,

Looking to get a car, budget is up to €1200, and my only other requirement is at least a 1.4 engine, 1.2 at a stretch.

Any suggestions?

you shall tell what for using car, and what mileage you planing to do a year. you looking for small one or family type one?
    Any preference ?
    There is a quiet a lot of cars in that engine range.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 crisscross

Oh yeah sorry, using it for work and trips to Belfast every few months (from Dublin), 12,000 km a year I would imagine. medium sized car would do. Open to anything really besides a 206 or Cinquecento as I'm a big guy :P

you can use carzone, with price up to 1500 or more, use filter option to fit your requirements, and pick up something you like. then find better deals in other sites.

Ill look also, ,will through up something for you.

hope it helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,238 ✭✭✭✭djimi

How old are you? How long are you driving? Full license?

Personally on that sort of budget Id be looking to see if I could get something like a late 90s Accord in decent nick. Very comfortable car, nice bit of poke out of it but not crazy to tax or run. Hondas are usually very reliable so getting one that has been well looked after should be a good car for the money.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 crisscross

24 driving a year with full license

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,818 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Hi guys,

Any suggestions?
    I'm blue in the face saying this, but at that budget it's all about the actual car. Forget make & model and look for something that's been well minded.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,238 ✭✭✭✭djimi

24 driving a year with full license

Accord might be tricky so...!

As Anan said, for that kind of money its more about getting a car that is in good nick. As you clearly have no preference towards a particular model Id say go onto Carzone/Donedeal and see what is available in your budget, and if something takes your fancy then go take a look at it, and bring someone with you who knows what to look for.

Id say ford focus with 1.4 , petrol 99 -02 might would fit to your needs.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,185 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I'd be looking at something like this:
    http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/3871146

1.6 litre engine will be alot nicer to drive especially on the motorway and Ghia model has more comfortable seats.

Advertisement