Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Computer Chair Gas Cylinder Kerplunked?

Options
  • 16-09-2012 4:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭

A friend reported that their gas-lift office chair went down and never came back up. I said I'd take a look..

The chair is firmly stuck in the down position. Neither general operation or force will change that. I removed the cover and discovered the gas cylinder in the condition as shown in the attached image.

Am I right to assume that this indicates a breach of the cylinder, whereby the gas has escaped and can no longer do its job, meaning the only solution to restore normal working order is to replace the cylinder?

Possibly a dumb question to some of you but seeing as this is my first time looking at something like this I thought it best to get confirmation before forking out for a new cylinder.

Advertisement