Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need LARGE PC Screen

Options
  • 15-09-2012 8:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭

Hope this the right post place

I need a large screen for a PC

Its for viewing large construction drawings so i can zoom in on the smallprint/ details

Anyone recommend one

Oh yes, only cheap ones please

I is tight ass

:D

Comments

Why not just use a tv. You can get fairly large tv's fairly cheaply. What kind of connections are on your pc eg. hdmi / dvi etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭mariano rivera

Why not just use a tv. You can get fairly large tv's fairly cheaply. What kind of connections are on your pc eg. hdmi / dvi etc.

oh

i just assumed a computer screen would be cheaper. no?

i would need 42" approx.

I'm not sure, but here is a 42" tv for less than €400 inc delivery http://www.pixmania.ie/ie/uk/11888153/art/lg/42pa4500-plasma-screen.html

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

I don't think you can get 42" monitors..not from normal shops anyway.

Just get a TV or use your current TV if it has a HDMI/VGA port(whichever one your PC supports)

Have you thought about projectors? Maybe not the best for picture quality though

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭AndrewMc

Many regular TVs are 1080 lines whether they're 26" or 42". If you really need to see lots of detail at the same time you need to consider higher resolution screens and that usually pushes the price up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Eboggles

Hope this the right post place

I need a large screen for a PC

Its for viewing large construction drawings so i can zoom in on the smallprint/ details

Anyone recommend one

Oh yes, only cheap ones please

I is tight ass

:D
    If you want to be able to see things clearer, you're going to need a monitor with more pixels as opposed to a larger size. You should consider A Dell U2711, or if you're as cheap as you say you are you should get a Yamakasi Catleap :D

• Registered Users Posts: 81,726 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

How far away are you sitting OP? LED TV can work well if you aren't sitting at desk-length from the screen.

In general though TVs have a lower DPI and they also create more heat and consume more power (they have their own onboard hardware for graphics processing and signaling, whereas a monitor just has the really basics)

Advertisement